cleaned the back of my tanks glass

murph145

just cleaned the back of the tanks glass to free it from coraline and its kinda cool lokin lol but the center overflow box is acrylic so its more of a pain the glass is easy

azfishgal

WOW! Very nice looking tank. So you are not one that likes the coraline to cover the back? I keep going back and forth on it. I'll just have to see when my tank gets up and running and see if it starts to bug me, or I let it grow.

40 galons

i have a question . when you do regular mainence to youre tank how do you clean the rocks .meaning do you blow them off with a power head or anything ? what about under all the rocks is there detrus buildup of anykind? everything just looks so clean! seems like i have to blow mine off pretty regularly with a powerhead

murph145

Originally Posted by ScubaGuy
Looks like a happy tank
So is it three HD and 4 Actinics?
i run 3 metal halides 250W HQI Phoenix 14K's on HQI ballast with no actinics... i dont run those PC i just put them in there when i first setup the tank but i dont run them to conserve energy and plus i like it better with just all MH lighting

murph145

Originally Posted by azfishgal
WOW! Very nice looking tank. So you are not one that likes the coraline to cover the back? I keep going back and forth on it. I'll just have to see when my tank gets up and running and see if it starts to bug me, or I let it grow.
yeah i like my back clean but the OF box is guna be a chore maybe ill tackle that during the week

murph145

Originally Posted by 40 galons
i have a question . when you do regular mainence to youre tank how do you clean the rocks .meaning do you blow them off with a power head or anything ? what about under all the rocks is there detrus buildup of anykind? everything just looks so clean! seems like i have to blow mine off pretty regularly with a powerhead
i think the key to that is FLOW... i have about 7000GPH of flow going through the tank so it helps get all the detrius to keep suspended in the water column so it can go in the OF box and be pulled out of the water
the more flow the better but if i add anymore my sand wont be on the bottom anymore lol

murph145

Originally Posted by murph145
i run 3 metal halides 250W HQI Phoenix 14K's on HQI ballast with no actinics... i dont run those PC i just put them in there when i first setup the tank but i dont run them to conserve energy and plus i like it better with just all MH lighting
i like the lights too so far my favorite bulb color and growth rates are really good

aanthony

nevermind, i read on and i now know your lighting, but how long have u had that black and orange clam, i looks like the size of my head

murph145

ive had this clam about 10 months now and its grown about 4"s since i first got it.... its basically about 12-14"
heres a pic of it for u even though everyone else has seen it tons of times lol

aanthony

thats nuts, what size is the tank?, and if you dont mind me asking, how much is invested in that tank, it looks so...........expensive

murph145

the tanks a 180 glass tank made by Lee Mar its a euro styled tank with euro bracing and flat polished using there clear view glass it has less impurities than regular glass
anyways id figure to get another setup exactly like this without livestock ur looking somewhere around $6500-$7000
with all the stuff on the inside inlcuding LR sand and corals ur looking somewhere around $10,000+ most likely man after thinking about it i think i should have invested that money into something else lol but it keeps me happy..... for the most part

monalisa

Hey Murph,
Your tank is gorgeous, as always!! I do have a question. Do you take the scraped off coraline out of the tank? I've scraped some where it was bugging me, and it seemed to make a big mess in my tank...that is until the clean up crew took care of it. What do you suggest...just leave it for the crew, or someway to take it out as I scrape it?
Again, gorgeous tank!!
Lisa :happyfish

coldwaterreef

Originally Posted by murph145
ive had this clam about 10 months now and its grown about 4"s since i first got it.... its basically about 12-14"
heres a pic of it for u even though everyone else has seen it tons of times lol

yes seen them tons of times would never be sick of your photos murph there awsome, the clams awsome, the tanks awsome, heck your awsome LOL :cheer: very clean, great job.

murph145

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Hey Murph,
Your tank is gorgeous, as always!! I do have a question. Do you take the scraped off coraline out of the tank? I've scraped some where it was bugging me, and it seemed to make a big mess in my tank...that is until the clean up crew took care of it. What do you suggest...just leave it for the crew, or someway to take it out as I scrape it?
Again, gorgeous tank!!
Lisa :happyfish
hey lisa as far as the coraline goes i let it go into the tanks water my flow keeps it suspended and it usually clears up within 15 mintues and it filtered out of the water... thanks for the compliments! i was debating if i should clean the back up and i like it so far

murph145

Originally Posted by coldwaterreef
yes seen them tons of times would never be sick of your photos murph there awsome, the clams awsome, the tanks awsome, heck your awsome LOL :cheer: very clean, great job.

thanks alot! lol i duno how awesome i am though lol!!!

and thanks too GNorman!