Clownfish Breeding

sjmertl07

:hi: I have read this entire thread on your breeding of clownfish and I found it so amazing! You have such patience! I have a 55G Saltwater Fish tank, can't do a reef because of the current fish so once they have passed on I want to go into reef tanks :)

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmertl07 http:///t/393244/clownfish-breeding/100#post_3503527
I have read this entire thread on your breeding of clownfish and I found it so amazing! You have such patience! I have a 55G Saltwater Fish tank, can't do a reef because of the current fish so once they have passed on I want to go into reef tanks :)
Thank you, patience is the name of the game.

J

jstdv8

That could be one of the coolest pics Ive ever seen AL. very nice. I wish the mom was a bit more in focus, but overall very cool. The corals are looking good int he pic too.

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///t/393244/clownfish-breeding/100#post_3503722
That could be one of the coolest pics Ive ever seen AL. very nice. I wish the mom was a bit more in focus, but overall very cool. The corals are looking good int he pic too.
Thanks Justin, she moves around alot, she actually looks after the eggs a lot, even chases the male away. Good Mom

al&burke

Little update, I have moved the clown fish breeding set up downstairs finally, no more six 10 gallon tanks in the kitchen. A friend of mine gave me a real nice 55 gallon tank so I dedicated it to my breeding pair of Osc. CF. I even moved the hammer coral they like so much. They have been in the new tank for 2 weeks now and looks like they will lay eggs very soon. Couple pictures of a batch that was born Dec 28th they are coming along nicely. Been having some problems with feeding the larvae not enough rotifers I think. Haven't had a good batch in a few months, but I am trying. Picture of my fish room where I have three fry tanks and two future breeding pairs of clown fish, one pair of pink skunks and one pair of Cinnamon clowns. Also shown is the 55 gallon for my prized pair of clowns.