College Football 2004

belothsurf

Originally posted by Ty_05_f
Yeah, I don't think so Cubuffs.
Right now I pick OU and Georgia for the title game.

Yep, I'm still sticking with Oklahoma. They are the team to beat.
I'm fuzzy on Ga.
They have potential, but they are gonna have to step it up some.
I still say, watch out for Auburn. Don't mess with them when they have something to prove....
They will be in the top 5 soon.......

reefraff

USC is out to prove what most people already know, they were the best team last year. The way they came back on Stanford was an important sign. I have seen them give up on games like that in the past. That lucky touchdown run at the end of the first half was a real heartbreaker but they came out and dominated the second half.

ty_05_f

OU and USC seem to be the most complete teams but USC just seems iffy to me. They are a lucky team and just seem to squeak by somehow.

ty_05_f

Nope I'm sorry I don't. Do you know about COMAS they swap frags for free with each other. It is really neat but you have to be a member. I'm not a member but I hear great things from them.

reefraff

Isn't a crimson or red tide the result of a bunch of dead, stinking algae in the water

(of course as a SC fan I should be careful about making fun of other teams' names)

hattrick58

I have always been and will always be a Spartan (Michigan State) fan. I never have believed in bandwagon jumping. All the regulars will be there, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Miami ('Canes). Notre Dame has a spark after a dismal season last year. Florida State lost to Miami in OT in the best game I've seen this year. The 'Noles seem to continue to make freshman mistakes that I feel will cost them this season. USC, still powerful, was a bit surprised by Stanford last weekend. LSU was stunned in their game against Auburn and barely pulled it out in OT against Oregon state in. This is one reason I don't believe in pre-season standings. You can't judge this years team by last years team accomplishments. Minnesota is a very promising team, but I'm keeping my eye on Maryland (yes I know they've lost one) and Purdue, who I feel is the most exciting team in the Big 10, if not all NCAA football. Finally, to all the NCAA football officials: The BCS has GOT TO GO! Listen to the fans. Listen to the players. Listen to the coaches. Having co-champions is LUDICROUS! Because having a playoff would extend the season into the second semester is no reason not to do this correctly! Sorry this is so long. I just can't help myself! I live for Saturdays!

ty_05_f

Jump on the bandwagon I was a fan of OU before the stoops era, they were giving away free tickets but I was still cheering them on.

hattrick58

If White can stay healthy, OU is a definite possibility (as I stated in my last post). I also like the Cowboys (Oklahoma State). I don't think they're a contender, but they appear to be progressing nicely and gaining some confidence. But they will always be in the Sooners shadow......I will NOT jump on the bandwagon. The ride is bumpyand slow, but I will get there. Someday.

jal1639

I like Bama!! Only do not when they play AU!!
I was born there so I have to give them love!!
Gadsden, all the family lives in Bama too.
:joy:

hattrick58

UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (FL) RECRUITING VIOLATION INVESTIGATION. Miami, FL (AP)-The NCAA announced Tuesday it will investigate the University of Miami (Fl) on 4 separate cases of recruiting violations. "It appears the University of Miami (Fl) in their zealousness for bringing back the National Championship to Miami (Fl), exceeded the rules preset by the NCAA in order to perform fair and equatable recruiting practices set by the NCAA" said an NCAA official on the promise of annonymity. The four players in question were identified as Charley, Jeanne, Ivan and Frances. :rolleyes: