College Football 2004

liverock27

I have watched as many West Coast games as east coast games. I am just saying that from top to bottom the Pac10 can't hold a candle to the SEC.

reefraff

Keep dreaming :D
Last year there were 2 Pac vs Sec games. Pac 2, SEC 0. This year LSU beat Oregon State by 1 point in overtime. State's only win this year was against New Mexico State so neener neener neener :).
Unfortunatly that is the only head to head matchup this year unless there are some bowl matchups. SEC has 5 top 25 teams (LSU doesn't belong and will exit this week) and the PAC has 3 with 3 other having a chance to break in with only a single loss a piece so maybe we will have a bowl matchup or two.
Should be a fun weekend for football, OK-Texas, SC-California. Lots of other top 25 teams playing each other.

hattrick58

OU v TX. I really don't care who wins, I just want a good, competetive game. Last years red river shootout was alot of hype (but when isn't it, right?), the game sucked. This year, Texas is improved and OU isn't quite as good, so I'm hoping the game will be a little closer than 65-13. I believe the Sooners will be a little quicker on the draw then the 'Horns again this year.

liverock27

LSU will beat Florida this weekend. And as a Pac 10 fan you should have noticed that USC not only hasn't looked good this season, but other than Cal who do they play?? UGA has LSU, @Auburn, Florida@Jacksonville, and @Tenn this year?? Don't try to compare a Pac10 team's schedule to that. My old roommate goes to Texas, so I have to side with them, but I agree, I would just like to see a game that last past the first quarter.

wrassecal

Originally posted by hattrick58
OU v TX. I really don't care who wins, I just want a good, competetive game. Last years red river shootout was alot of hype (but when isn't it, right?), the game sucked. This year, Texas is improved and OU isn't quite as good, so I'm hoping the game will be a little closer than 65-13. I believe the Sooners will be a little quicker on the draw then the 'Horns again this year.

Last year was not 65-13, (oops, yes it was) that was the year before. Never bet the spread on OU, Stoops doesn't show more than necessary, never cares about the spread and in the above mentioned game, he played everyone but, the Norman High Seniors.Texas may be improved but, we are more than "quite as good" as last year. There's so much depth on our team that we don't even recognize some of the names that have already played this year.
The exciting thing about OU/TX is that nothing matters. You never know, you just never know what will happen til it happens.:cheer:

liverock27

Wrassecal I agree with you that OU is more than ok. It is bad when your running back is the reason why Jason White is not one of the top Heisman canadates. OK looks good and will continue it agaisnt Texas this weekend...just make sure to watch out for Texas running game. It's more than ok this year too

wrassecal

I do hope we get a game this year. We don't even have classes tomorrow. OU/TX Friday is holiday at OU, everyone clogging I35 south . Of course, I hope we win too!

wrassecal

Originally posted by Ty_05_f
OU-Tex game was real good. 12-0 win.
First time Texas has been shut out in 24 years.

Yep:cheer: Thank goodness for AD with over 200 yards rushing. White and his receivers weren't exactly getting the job done today. Our defense was awesome:yes:

reefraff

If I was an OK. guy I would be real nervous about the OK State game. That could be their toughest game this year. I am not sure how strong Texas really is this year, it looks like a lot of top teams have had cream puff schedules so far this year so it is hard to tell who is really good.

belothsurf

The OU game was a good one. So far, I'm on track with my predictions.
The Ga loss also put's Auburn in the driver's seat for the SEC.
This will be interesting to watch the rest of the season, how Auburn does.
Pontius,
What happened to South Carolina? :D
Go Cocks!!!!

reefraff

Get serious, with the exception of Notre Dame Cal is one of the luckiest teams I have ever seen. SC beat Virginia Tech 24-13, Colorado State 49-0 and BYU 42-10. I guess it was luck they cold do that with their first string on the bench before the 3rd quarter was half over:D