College Football starts tonight, who you like?

kjr_trig

I have Cal losing to Florida in the Title Game this year. Who you got? I just hope I don't have to see always overrated Oklahoma or Ohio St in the title game this year.
I like Ole Miss with Steeb at QB and a semi-favorable schedule. Penn St. is playing high school team out of conference again this year and have a favorable conference schedule this year too. USC will be awesome if the frosh plays good at QB, but I like Cal to knock them off. Texas and Oklahoma will be good as well, maybe Oklahoma can finally not embarrass themselves in a BCS game this year. If Boise wins tonight, they will run the table, but no chance they play in the title game regardless.
I'm just happy to have meaningful football starting tonight.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Bulldog123
http:///forum/post/3127922
I agree with you on Ohio State they are always over rated. They are only what seven time national champs.
Hmmm, lets look at THE Ohio St the last few years against footballs elite shall we
USC 35 Ohio St 3....I think USC could have scored 70 if they wanted
Texas 24 Ohio St 21
LSU 38 Ohio St 24
Florida 41 Ohio 14
What is THE Ohio St's record against the SEC over the years, like 0-11 in Bowl Games or something....Please don't tell me how great you are against the awesome teams from the powerful Big-10

My Washington Huskies have won 2 National Chapionships and 11 Rose Bowls, doesn't mean much now.

aquaknight

Just to
Sort of agreed, pretty much picking which SEC team will win this year. I think the real question is are we gonna have 2 undefeateds this year, or like last year a ton of 1 loss teams that feel they should be in the champ?
My schools; UCF looks decent. Hopefully a winning season in the C-USA.
And L˩
, hoping for a winning season too

wangotango

Hopefully Joe will make it through enother season here
The general consensus is that if our QB gets injured it's curtains for PSU.
First game Saturday vs Akron.
-Justin

crypt keeper

It will be Florida and a Big 12 team. Oklahoma or Texas. If that Freshie can play at USC they are scary and could be in the hunt but they seem to screw off every year against a PAC 10 rival. Taylor mays is the second coming of Ronnie Lott.
I see Alabama getting another shot at Florida in the SEC Champ game. The Texas, Texas Tech and OU trifecta aint over.

crypt keeper

Boise just looks that good. The new coach was OC the last few years. They were highh powered last year. Boise is a good team. They better not get a BCS Championship bid

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3128297
Boise just looks that good. The new coach was OC the last few years. They were highh powered last year. Boise is a good team. They better not get a BCS Championship bid
Bah....I was at the game when my soon to be 4-8 Washington Huskies destroyed Boise 2 years ago when they had the longest win streak in the country and were coming off their win against OU in the Fiesta Bowl. Boise ended up 10-2 that year against their usual crappy schedule, but Washington walked all over them, then went on to win 2 games in the PAC 10. Oregon is overrated going into this year, they will go 4-5 in the PAC 10. Belloti had been the Head Coach 19 years, a drop off is expected for the Ducks this year.

nina&noah

Originally Posted by Bulldog123
http:///forum/post/3127922
I agree with you on Ohio State they are always over rated. They are only what seven time national champs.
Well actually, it would be six if you don't count the title game they literally stole from Miami at the Fiesta bowl... Yes its been years and I'm still not letting it go! I was there and it was painful.
I'm just hoping Miami has a respectable season and that Florida suffers a horrible upset. I'm excited that football season is here!

crypt keeper

Anybody catch the classy antics after the game? It was great. Oregon being a sub par doesnt matter at the moment. They were in the top 16 and playing a weaker conference. This only helps Boise State

bulldog123

Originally Posted by nina&noah
http:///forum/post/3128336
Well actually, it would be six if you don't count the title game they literally stole from Miami at the Fiesta bowl... Yes its been years and I'm still not letting it go! I was there and it was painful.
I'm just hoping Miami has a respectable season and that Florida suffers a horrible upset. I'm excited that football season is here!

Yes I am a Ohio State fan but I am not delusional. I think their biggest problem is they play such a weak schedule. Plan and simple the big ten is weak and has been for years. But stole the game, you people in florida must smoke alot of crack. Bush stole the presidency and Ohio State stole the championship. Give me a break!
Unfortunately I agree it will be the gators again. Would t-bone go to the NFL already. Doesnt he have some kids to save or something.

fishtaco

Yeah, I caught the antics after the Oregon game, the players name was Blunt and I think he is a senior and now has been banned for the rest of the season. Being a OSU Beaver fan and disliking the team that Phil bought means a loss for the ducks is always a good thing. But wow, that has got to be a troubled young man to lose it after the game like that and see him throw so much hard work down the drain. I hope he gets some help.
Fishtaco

aquaknight

About Blount's actions, sure, the punch is completely reprehensible, but when he lost it, and had to be restrained by 6 people from going to attack some BSU fans, is what went over the top, and why IMO he's gone for good.

mantisman51

There is no more over-rated conference, in any sport, than the SEC. People are living in the dominant Miami past.

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3129353
Someone needs to tell Oklahoma they are overrated and Georgia that the SEC is the best conference.

Oklahoma went into that game with a freshman O line, lost their heisman QB just before the half, and went into that game with one of the best TE in the NCAA right now, and you say we're overrated? Did you watch BYU? They are pretty good, not top 10 quality, but definetly belong in the top 25.