Colts vs. Bears...

jmick

What makes the Bears a solid team is that they don't have to rely on their QB to win the game for them. They have a solid play making defense, solid play making special teams and a good RB tandem, which makes them a balanced team. They might not have the sexy passing game but they did average one of the leagues best points per game.

J

jrthomas40

it will be a good game...if the colts D can step up like they have the past few weeks then they will shut the offense down...i would like to see the bears win but i dont think they can do it on the arm of Rex Grossman...to inconsistent and folds under pressure so the colts will have lots of blitz up the middle and outside...if Rex would step into the pocket and step into throws when the pressure is on his completions would go up and interceptions go down

tx reef

We won't know who wins until the game is played.
I will say this, though......many of you have posted the same crap about the Colts all through the playoffs and how they can't beat the Ravens or the Patriots, yet here they are in the Superbowl.
Keep doubting the Colts, but if they win I don't want to hear about how much better the Bears really were and the Colts stole the game, etc......
If the Colts lose, I will be one of the first to come on here and congratulate the Bears fans.

anubisxero

Originally Posted by Jmick
What makes the Bears a solid team is that they don't have to rely on their QB to win the game for them. They have a solid play making defense, solid play making special teams and a good RB tandem, which makes them a balanced team. They might not have the sexy passing game but they did average one of the leagues best points per game.
I dont think I could have said it better myself. The bears definitely have the all around attack offensive, defensive and for sure special teams. And as for the colts. They've got offense, but typically a defense that folds under a good old fashioned solid run game. Which the bears most definitely have. Whether Rexy can throw for 70% and 300 yards or not, I think the bears will have an offensive field day.

anubisxero

Originally Posted by TX Reef
We won't know who wins until the game is played.
I will say this, though......many of you have posted the same crap about the Colts all through the playoffs and how they can't beat the Ravens or the Patriots, yet here they are in the Superbowl.
Keep doubting the Colts, but if they win I don't want to hear about how much better the Bears really were and the Colts stole the game, etc......
If the Colts lose, I will be one of the first to come on here and congratulate the Bears fans.
I pulled for the colts almost as I much as I pulled for the Bears this year. I'm tired of seeing Tom Brady collect rings. I'm rather impressed with both teams and to be truthful I would be happy either way, it's good to see a change of the guard in the top two teams in the NFL yanno?

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Catawaba
Defense wins championships.
Usually, however, I think Rex is going to give the game to the Colts.
I would love to see Manning, Harrison, and Dungy get a ring. They all deserve it.

bigarn

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Usually, however, I think Rex is going to give the game to the Colts.
I would love to see Manning, Harrison, and Dungy get a ring. They all deserve it.
Agreed

bayside

being a viking fan i hate the bears, but i think i hate manning more. so ill go bears 31-24.
PS the reason why i hate manning is because i hate watching the games he plays in, they should take commercial breaks inbetween the time when they get to the line and when he actually snaps the ball.

payton 350

I am a die hard Bears fan and don't think the bears are a better team or are going to win by blowing them out.. i really just want it to be a good game... i rooted for the colts and manning but unfortunately it's against the bears and i gotta root for the bears....i am so happy the pats aren't in it even though i thought the bears had a better chance of beating the pats.. i need the colts players to start talking smack so i can hate them.....i really don't have any dislike for them right now
all rex bashers....don't underestimate him , he had i think 7 games with over a 100 rating.....and he had some very very bad games too.....he is hit or miss but i think now he's coming into his own and being a consistent, smart qb.,,,he is a big game player when needed. and against the saints he made plays when needed but didn't have to do anything else when you run for almost 200 yards

catawaba

I used to be a Bears fan...in the 80's. Even got to meet Walter Payton once. But then Favre came to Green Bay and I went back to my 'roots' since I grew up in WI.
Well, Mr. Favre is on his Medicare years, so I am back to being a Bears fan ever since Mr. Urlacher joined them a few years back....(I went to school with him in NM)
Da Bears will drive Da Bus to Da Superbowl and beat Da Colts...hopefully the WARM weather won't throw them off!

catawaba

Originally Posted by bayside
being a viking fan i hate the bears, but i think i hate manning more. so ill go bears 31-24.
PS the reason why i hate manning is because i hate watching the games he plays in, they should take commercial breaks inbetween the time when they get to the line and when he actually snaps the ball.

AND
He does so many dang commercials!!!
I'm so tired of seeing him EVERYWHERE
(Rub some dirt on it)

fish1031

I am curious, why does Dungy and Manning deserve to win? Seems to me that they've been loaded with talent the last few years and have never risen to the occasion...how does that equate to being deserving???
Dungy built the TB Bucs, he left and then they won the 2002 superbowl, now he has built the colts up

ruaround

Originally Posted by bayside
that my friend is poetry in motion... tell me what other modern day QB calls the play at the line of scrimmage??? he is a football genious...

ruaround

I am curious, why does Dungy and Manning deserve to win? Seems to me that they've been loaded with talent the last few years and have never risen to the occasion...how does that equate to being deserving???
"desevrving" because of the media always saying "they will never get to the big game or much less ever win it"... to shut up the hacks and doubters...

payton 350

what about the bears and rex...everyone says he'll never lead the bears to the title game much less win it...i think he deserves it

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ruaround
"desevrving" because of the media always saying "they will never get to the big game or much less ever win it"... to shut up the hacks and doubters...
RU, I am with you all the way. Manning deserves the recognition because there is no one like him. I would love to see him add a super bowl ring to that hand of his.

skipperdz

as a pats fan i must say that game was probably the most exciting game ive seen in a very long time...even though the officiating blowed ( for both teams ). was much better than the saints/bears. if the colts fix their kickoff team they should beat the bears. the pats/colts are to fast for the bears. and since i want the lambardi trophy to stay in the afc for the 4th STRAIGHT year GOOOOOO COOOLTS i guess its manny's and dungaroos time anyway

skipperdz

ruaround.....can u say tom brady? he also calls from the line or did u miss him looking at his qb sheet on his arm almost the whole game on sunday?