Colts vs. Bears...

ruaround

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I think the entire Colts team should have been named MVP.....but one player has to take it. I would have liked to seen a co-mvp....Rhodes & Addai.
No one really stood out the whole game as it was truely a total team effort, so they gave it to Manning since he is the quarterback and heart and soul of the Colts........there was no bad choice for MVP in this game.....they could have picked almost anyone.....
true!!!... but Rhodes did the dirty work...

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Payton 350
Both those botched snaps were Kruetz's fault... the interceptions weren't that bad because they were down field and if Muhammid would have pushed him outta bounds it would have been ok....the biggest mistakes were by the defense letting Addia?? get his game on...if they would have contained him the bears would have been okay
He should have been MVP
I'm ordering a new TV....Grossman played as he did in many games this year...AWFUL. The game plan early on was not to let him throw that much downfield. If you made a list of horrible QB's in the nfl...he'd be on it. Interceptions not that bad? Wow, I need a new TV set. Horrible passes. Turnovers cost your team opputunities and give oppurtunities to the other team.
He's not even a good back-up QB. While one player does not lose a game on his own ...he certainly did more then his share to contribute to the loss. Bears still had oppurtunities to win in the second half...but that is when Rex went into the tank....when it was time to throw the rock.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Are you kidding me? The guy threw two costly interceptions (one for a touchdown) and fumbled the ball, among other mistakes in the game. The only play where he should not be faulted was the drop on fourth down by Desmond Clark.
On one interception a good throw would have been a TD. he also stumbeld his way to a sack. On one fourth down play he should have run the ball instead of throwing downfied to a covered receiver. He made FAR too many mistkes. If this was only a second or thrid bad outing for this guy you could say he simply had a bad game. That happens to the best of them.
With Rex, a bad game is a regular happening this year.
I blame Lovie Smith...he stuck with the junk yard QB when he should have made a change in the last 4 games of the season. Certainly, Orton or Griese would not have played worse.
If Chicago does not get boat loads of TO's...it's difficult for them to win against good teams.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I think the entire Colts team should have been named MVP.....but one player has to take it. I would have liked to seen a co-mvp....Rhodes & Addai.
No one really stood out the whole game as it was truely a total team effort, so they gave it to Manning since he is the quarterback and heart and soul of the Colts........there was no bad choice for MVP in this game.....they could have picked almost anyone.....
manning did an EXCELLENT job managing the game. His calls at the line were great. In the chess match between he an Urlacher calling defensive sets...Manning took him to school.
Urlacher was a non-factor.
His overall game management is probably what earned him the MVP.

oceanists

Originally Posted by Payton 350
it wasn't Grossmans fault they lost the game...it was the Defense...if the Defense would have played like they are capable...and maybe got to Manning a few time the outcome would have been different...but by all means it was NOT Grossman;s fault

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious
:hilarious

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
On one interception a good throw would have been a TD. he also stumbeld his way to a sack. On one fourth down play he should have run the ball instead of throwing downfied to a covered receiver. He made FAR too many mistkes. If this was only a second or thrid bad outing for this guy you could say he simply had a bad game. That happens to the best of them.
With Rex, a bad game is a regular happening this year.
I blame Lovie Smith...he stuck with the junk yard QB when he should have made a change in the last 4 games of the season. Certainly, Orton or Griese would not have played worse.
If Chicago does not get boat loads of TO's...it's difficult for them to win against good teams.
Yep, I fully agree with all the points you made. The one play that sticks out in my mind was that third or fourth down when he almost got sacked, started running around, made awesome plays between the tackles, and then instead of running and getting the 7 yards, he threw the ball to a covered wide out.

flpriest

Originally Posted by flpriest
Offence wins games, Defence wins championships!

Bears 14 Colts 09
Wow! There wasn't alot of defence yesterday... was there? The better team won that game! Congratulations to the Colt's and their fans on a fine victory!

Man... crow tastes terrible...