Colts vs. Bears...

scubadoo

Originally Posted by flpriest
Exactly... U want to claim the stats from baltimore, but want to be independant from it... I said chicago in sb-2 indi-0 Now u want to claim the stats fron balt but don;t claim the era???

All I said was that Chicago has been there 2x +... IDK
Indianapolis-0
U argued that. now the point u made in the first place u are not claiming???
I'm done.... Thanks for the highly intulectual conversation...

I assume you are adding the current SB to Chicago as my recollection is that they have played in one. So, if I am correct, it should be Chicago 2 Indy 1, assuming you are including the SB next week in the CHicago #.
I am going from memory regarding the prior appearances by Chicago. And from a franchise standpoint...both have been to one SB and won. So, I view them both as playing in 2 counting the one yet to be played....or both appearing and winning one prior....if memory serves.

scubadoo

Bears strated out as the Decatur Staleys...later moved to Chicago and called the Chicago Staleys...then the Bears name change in the early 20's I think. I beleive you will find head coaches names for the Staleys in the Chicago stats.
So, Bears have not always been called the Bears and/or called Chicago their hometown. They too have moved...although the Staleys I beleive was an independent team that Halas purchased around 1920 form Mr Staley the original owner.

tx reef

The Colts have played in 2 Superbowls.....3 and 5. They lost Superbowl 3 to the Jets and won Superbowl 5 against the Cowboys.

tx reef

Not very good the last couple of days. I spend about 80% of my work day on the Colts website forum, so I am not getting much work done.
I did recieve my Manning special edition Superbowl jersey yesterday and I get to wear it at work tomorrow. I think I am going to get really drunk Saturday night so I can sleep through the night...... :hilarious

ruaround

Originally Posted by Catawaba
Thanks!
So all the media hype etc begins around 5pm?
lol... all the media hype started last Monday!!! i think that pregame starts at noon EST... and ALL day on the NFL N...

agent707

Manning is a HUGE fan in my town (Knoxville, TN). He was the QB for the UT Vols.
So needless to say I am pulling for the Colts. :)
Besides, it is my opinion he DESERVES a SB Ring after pulling the Colts from what they were when he joined (1-15 the year prior to them drafting him) to what they are today... PLUS, he got jipped out of the HT. What a shame.
I've seen a lot of Great QB's go through their NFL career and not get a ring (Marino most famous). I'd hate to see that happen to Manning. He's a greate QB and deserves a championship ring.

flpriest

Originally Posted by Agent707
Besides, it is my opinion he DESERVES a SB Ring after pulling the Colts from what they were when he joined (1-15 the year prior to them drafting him) to what they are today... PLUS, he got jipped out of the HT. What a shame.
I've seen a lot of Great QB's go through their NFL career and not get a ring (Marino most famous). I'd hate to see that happen to Manning. He's a greate QB and deserves a championship ring.
No disrespect... the only people/teams that deserve the "SB" ring, are the teams that win them. Putting your time in, and being a great player doesn't make you automatically "deserve" the ring. If this were the case the Lions would have had won numerous sb rings, because of B. Sanders. What will truely tell the test of deserving, is if the colts win on Sunday. good luck...

flpriest

Originally Posted by Agent707
Manning is a HUGE fan in my town (Knoxville, TN). He was the QB for the UT Vols.
oh, by the way... manning blew the ht in his last college game...

dskrezyna

Have to give my support to the Bears since I grew up there and plan on moving back this year.
Bears 27
Colts 17