comments?

bang guy

If you're going to use sand sifters then I recommend having no more than 1/2" - 1" of sand. Otherwise decaying matter will accumulate at the bottom. This would be a disaster waiting to happen after a few years of accumulation.

bang guy

Originally posted by nflnutswif
BANG, Why not a green brittle star? Just wondering why you said no!

They eat fish.

firefish3

chucking entire fish list
new list
1 blue hippo tang
2 firefish
3 blue reef chromnis
these are definates want someother tang, angels and other elegant fish I can put in here. also want a fish that cleans the sand. any comments?

firefish3

sorry about being so picky with the fishies but I am very opinionated so I would prefer the bicolor and the lemonpeel rather than a flame but you know WAY more so if a flame is better I will take it also wondering if I could squeze a another small tang in there thanks in advance

bang guy

IMO skip the seconf Tang. It may work but the odds are against you. The Lemonpeel Angel would be great!
I suggest shying away from the BiColor though. They are hit & miss on survival.

firefish3

ok lemonpeel is on the list how about a yellow wrasse. could i put anyother angels in with the lemonpeel that would be reef safe

bang guy

I wouldn't put two Pygmy Angels in the same tank unless the tank was huge.
I don't know anything at all about Blue-Fin Pygmy's.
I'm not convinced that Yellow Wrasse are reef safe.

sammyg

Originally posted by Bang Guy
A Queen Conch, A Fighting Conch, Cerith Snails and Cirratulid worms.

I hightly recommend the fighting conchs. They do a great job on the sand bed, and are fun to watch. My non-aquarist friends always enjoy watching its "elephant trunk" probing the sand and low level rocks. It's not a fish, but it does a great job and is fun/interesting to watch - what more could you ask for?