Coral Keepers 10 gallon dart frog diary.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
http:///forum/post/2607232
Thats just sad... You showed some dedication here, I read through the entire thread and was let down. You gotta learn the art of begging kid.

The trick is to work on the parent of the opposite gender. You are a guy right?
With moms it is more of an art than a daughter with a dad. They just need to bat their eyes.
With moms if you are fortunate they are gullible. With my mom if I played the "it is educational" card then "showed" her what I was learning, then went around in my everyday life and showed her how it related she was an ATM.
But here are some keys with mom.
  • Overcome any danger involved
    - I never did get her to buy even a BB gun. "that was daddy's
    department"
  • Appeal to her mothing side, the taking care of you.
  • Butter her up on special days
    - There is no reason not to be nice to her and especially nice on special
    days.
    Use chores as leverage and to build good will
    allow her to feel special doing something she needs to do like cook.
    - My mom loves to cook for me because she knows that is the only time
    I'll really talk to her. And I am especially complementary to her.
    Woman love affirmation.
  • So affirm the desired behavior. She
    thinks she has found a way to get me to
    open up but in reality I reward her for making me food.
    and if you can hit the mother load and she happens to like enough to spend money on what you like then you are in!
    - My dad loves cameras and only buys the best. So when I want to take
    pictures I open up his closet and bam the mother load of camera stuff.
Now if your first reaction is I'm not going to manipulate my parents, relax it isn't manipulation. Modifying actions to meet attain desired behavioral results. Remember your parent don't want to dissapoint you. So play that up if you need to. Besides it is a win win situation, you develope some openness with your family and you get your poison dart frogs. Or to your mom Amazonian ground frogs. (she doesn't need to know if they eat ants they are highly toxic or they used the poison on darts.) Remember the safety and gullibility thing.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2607425
The trick is to work on the parent of the opposite gender. You are a guy right?
With moms it is more of an art than a daughter with a dad. They just need to bat their eyes.
With moms if you are fortunate they are gullible. With my mom if I played the "it is educational" card then "showed" her what I was learning, then went around in my everyday life and showed her how it related she was an ATM.
But here are some keys with mom.
  • Overcome any danger involved
    - I never did get her to buy even a BB gun. "that was daddy's
    department"
  • Appeal to her mothing side, the taking care of you.
  • Butter her up on special days
    - There is no reason not to be nice to her and especially nice on special
    days.
    Use chores as leverage and to build good will
    allow her to feel special doing something she needs to do like cook.
    - My mom loves to cook for me because she knows that is the only time
    I'll really talk to her. And I am especially complementary to her.
    Woman love affirmation.
  • So affirm the desired behavior. She
    thinks she has found a way to get me to
    open up but in reality I reward her for making me food.
    and if you can hit the mother load and she happens to like enough to spend money on what you like then you are in!
    - My dad loves cameras and only buys the best. So when I want to take
    pictures I open up his closet and bam the mother load of camera stuff.
Now if your first reaction is I'm not going to manipulate my parents, relax it isn't manipulation. Modifying actions to meet attain desired behavioral results. Remember your parent don't want to dissapoint you. So play that up if you need to. Besides it is a win win situation, you develope some openness with your family and you get your poison dart frogs. Or to your mom Amazonian ground frogs. (she doesn't need to know if they eat ants they are highly toxic or they used the poison on darts.) Remember the safety and gullibility thing.
lol Thanks for the info!

M

metalhead

wow, i just read this whole thread and you couldnt get your single frog...Man you went so much trouble, if i had a frog id friggin give it to you.

coral keeper

If someone would be nice enough and give me a single dart frog for free, I'd me MORE than happy to set it all back up and make it even better.
I still have all the equipment for the tank.

deltablack22

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2612040
If someone would be nice enough and give me a single dart frog for free, I'd me MORE than happy to set it all back up and make it even better.
Bump for a free frog..................

h3b

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2612040
I got some cobalt tads in the water. But the won't be shipping size for a couple months (take 2 months to morph out so). You were the person that inspired me to get darts myself so I'd have no problem giving you some.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by H3B
http:///forum/post/2724712
I got some cobalt tads in the water. But the won't be shipping size for a couple months (take 2 months to morph out so). You were the person that inspired me to get darts myself so I'd have no problem giving you some.
Wow, Thanks!! I guess its time for me to go reread about dart frogs and build a much better terrarium.