Coral Keepers 180 gallon reef diary.

culp

i had no idea you were that young! i don't know why but i always figured you were in your 30's not teens.

reefforbrains

So how is your father?. I knew he was trying to silently hang in there but it was showing on his face when we were carrying it up the stairs. Yes I helped carry this beast UP STAIRS!!!
I know he is sore today. Make sure and wish him a happy birthday for me.
To those that say he is freeriding on his parents coat tails, you are mistaken.
Obviously at his age the financial portions of this hobby can be hard to reach. He makes up for it with passion for learning, respect to those willing to teach or share, and the desire to ask. He tries a hundred methods, identifies the 99 ways that do not work and then rides the winner. Those qualities along with just plain being a decent young man DOES make it feesible to have anything he wants. Good strong family and positive role models make him able to play with bigger dogs than your average 15 year old. Not silver spoons.
Be patient, plan and research your moves. Larger tanks are rediculous to tear down and move if you are unhappy with location or configuration of plumbing. Try and reverse engineeer what your finished project looks like in your head. It saves a lot of time and money to do things once.
Keep the pictures and updates coming.
-RFB

culp

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/3012014
Huh?
he is probably talking about your parents. being 15 its hard to have a job. or if you do have a part time job you can't be working to many hours.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by Culp
http:///forum/post/3012085
he is probably talking about your parents. being 15 its hard to have a job. or if you do have a part time job you can't be working to many hours.
Hahahahaha, I wish my parents paid for me. I'm going to have to sell/get rid of ALL my tanks that are in the house, my 8 gallon, 28 gallon, 25 gallon, 10 gallon, 10 gallon, and another 10 gallon. So, I'm only going to have one, this 180 gallon, tank in the house.

wangotango

What happens when you go to college?
Before you get too involved with this project, plan it out so that it can be as user-friendly as possible. That way if you decide to leave the tank up while you go away your family won't have too much trouble keeping it going. Start training them too.
I understand it's a few years off, but it's better to start a system right from the beginning rather than change everything right before you leave (like I did).
-Justin

coral keeper

Originally Posted by WangoTango
http:///forum/post/3012187
What happens when you go to college?
Before you get too involved with this project, plan it out so that it can be as user-friendly as possible. That way if you decide to leave the tank up while you go away your family won't have too much trouble keeping it going. Start training them too.
I understand it's a few years off, but it's better to start a system right from the beginning rather than change everything right before you leave (like I did).
-Justin
Idk. :p Can't you take college courses online?
Yeah, I know. Got a hole month to a month and a half to plan this beast out while my DIY rock cures. My family already knows quite a bit about the tanks.
Yeah.