Coral Keepers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

flricordia

Nice tank. I almost got one myself. Now wish I had.
Do you add pumps yourself for the wavemaker? I wonder if you can run Koralins on it?

coral keeper

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2635373
Nice tank. I almost got one myself. Now wish I had.
Do you add pumps yourself for the wavemaker? I wonder if you can run Koralins on it?
Thanks! lol There are already 2 pumps in there. It said on the wave maker manual that u should only use wave maker approved pumps because the pumps turn on and off and regular pumps can break that way if it isn't wave maker approved.

K

kat74

Well lookie here... I go away for a few days, come back and see what you've got now!
I looove this tank! If I had to do it all over again, I'd get this one instead of the 29 Biocube that I have in my office.
Can't wait to see you get this one set up and going and can't wait to see what your clown decides to host in this one!~

coral keeper

Originally Posted by KAT74
http:///forum/post/2635937
Well lookie here... I go away for a few days, come back and see what you've got now!
I looove this tank! If I had to do it all over again, I'd get this one instead of the 29 Biocube that I have in my office.
Can't wait to see you get this one set up and going and can't wait to see what your clown decides to host in this one!~

lol, Thanks! Yeah, I also can't wait till I get this tank up and running!

coral keeper

Ok, I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is 2 out of 4 moon lights didn't work, the good news is my dad and I fixed them!

dplantz

Hey I had a question, does the Dt light reach the back of the tank? or did you install a light for the chaeto? OR does it come with a light???

coral keeper

Originally Posted by dplantz
http:///forum/post/2636930
Hey I had a question, does the Dt light reach the back of the tank? or did you install a light for the chaeto? OR does it come with a light???
I'm going to add a light for the chaeto in the back.

coral keeper

Here is the stock list.
Fish:
Yellow Watchman with pistole shrimp
Royal Gramma(already have)
Hectors Goby
Maroon clownfish(already have)
Inverts:
10-15 nass snails(more or less?)
10-15 cerith snails, And some Astrea/Turbo snails
1 cleaner shrimp
1 fire shrimp
1-2 maxima clams or 1-2 Crocea clams
Corals
Rics
yumas
nice zoas
a few LPS
lots of SPS

coral keeper

Here are some pictures of the box I made for the chaeto light which is going to be on the back middle chamber. I put foil on the inside as a reflector.

This is what I'm going to use to keep the light in its spot.

halostalker

nice i wanted to do this for the pods but then again i have no nitrates anyway so i just filled up the back with LR i guess pods still reproduce there., but i would love to have another tank hooked up to my 28 so i can make it a refugium and a pretty big one bc i hear if ur goin to make a refug it should at least be 3/4 the size of the main tank, also maybe i can put a auto topoff there and stuff but idk alot of money i dont have lol.
k keep up the good work=P