Coral Keepers 8 gall bio cube reef tank diary.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
i hope you like the kenya and palythoas...i love the torch...
The kenya and palythoas are awesome!!

biker364

Get a lettuce nudibranch to clean up some of that hair algae, maybe a couple. If you try to just clean it off it will just grow right back.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by biker364
Get a lettuce nudibranch to clean up some of that hair algae, maybe a couple. If you try to just clean it off it will just grow right back.
I got a Mexican turbo snail in there, so I'm fine.

kidreef

so how is the anenome doing under that lighting i was lookin to get one for my tank but i wasnt sure pc had enough light for it

coral keeper

Originally Posted by kidreef
so how is the anenome doing under that lighting i was lookin to get one for my tank but i wasnt sure pc had enough light for it
Its doing good. I had it for about a year so far.

new2salt1

Im lazy right now, so can someone tell me the reasons algae grows at THIS HIGH of a level? I haven't had a single piece of algae grow in ANY of my systems, and Im wondering what there is a surplus/deficiency of here. I have never had a reason to read up on the topic.

jtrzerocool

how are the corals doing?...the torch is doing great...it extended out to be even bigger then i thought...it must have been stressed the first few days from the move...or it might be because i have halides and it was adjusting to the lights...

coral keeper

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
how are the corals doing?...the torch is doing great...it extended out to be even bigger then i thought...it must have been stressed the first few days from the move...or it might be because i have halides and it was adjusting to the lights...
Very good. The kenya tree is growing very fast. Yeah. Its big lol.

coral keeper

Oh yeah, the red mushroom frag attached to a peace of live rock and is growing a new mouth. It will be ready to trade soon.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Oh yeah, the red mushroom frag attached to a peace of live rock and is growing a new mouth. It will be ready to trade soon.

Great to hear! i love that red color! i cant wait...