Coral Keepers 8 gall bio cube reef tank diary.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by SaltwaterGuy
Beautiful torch, beautiful anemone, beautiful hair algae eating mithrax crab, beautiful everything
Chad

Thanks!!

reef diver

Just fyi because you keep doing it, you spell here as in "here they are" as H E R E, hear is to listen to something. And nice pics, however, in the interest of bettering yourself, try for more composition, like get the coral you want in focus in the foreground somewhere, but in the background just off tot he side have something else, like this:

with the palys in front and the featherduster, though out of focus in the back, or this:

With the trees and large colored cloud in the foreground, and the mountains/bright part of sunset in the back.
Not trying to hijack, jut trying to help you improve your skills.

azfishgal

Nice Torch.

This is in no way to make you feel bad, so I hope it doesn't. You don't really need to continue to ask "does anyone like my pics?" over and over again. Summer is a bit slow, so give people time to look at your pictures. If someone doesn't answer in a day then just "bump" the thread with this icon
, people will chime in when they get a chance.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by nietzsche
hey whats the hottest temperature it gets in the biocube 8? and is there a lot of evaporation?

Ummm, The hottest it ever got was about 83-84, then i put a stronger fan and now its 78-79 usually. I'm not sure of how much water evaporates, i think around a cup a day or less. I usually top off the water several times a day so the SG wont drop to much.

nietzsche

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Ummm, The hottest it ever got was about 83-84, then i put a stronger fan and now its 78-79 usually. I'm not sure of how much water evaporates, i think around a cup a day or less. I usually top off the water several times a day so the SG wont drop to much.
did you replace the stock fans?

coral keeper

did you replace the stock fans?
Nope. Ill post a few pics, i just put a computer fan on top of the intake fan so it blows in more cold air and i just left that fan that came with the bio cube where the out take is. It works just fine! Ill try to post a few pics right now, maybe in about 10-60 min.

nietzsche

Nope. Ill post a few pics, i just put a computer fan on top of the intake fan so it blows in more cold air and i just left that fan that came with the bio cube where the out take is. It works just fine! Ill try to post a few pics right now, maybe in about 10-60 min.
is it loud? can you also post some more full tank shots of your 8?

coral keeper

is it loud? can you also post some more full tank shots of your 8?
Ummmm....., Its not that loud, it matters what kind of computer fan you buy, some are loud some a super quiet so it matters what you buy, mine is kinda quiet but not too loud. Ill post a few full tank shots today, ill go take a few pics right now, here is 2 pics of the fan. When the lights go off the fans go off.

coral keeper

Aww man..., I cant take any pics of the tank because the glass is dirty and if i clean the glass all the corals will close up, so ill go clean the glass right now and take out as much hair algae as i can with my hand and will post a few full tank shots tomorrow. Sorry! Man i HATE!!!!!!! hair algae!! I need to get some cheato algae and 2 cleaner clams. Is there anyone that can spare me some chaeto algae? My dad dosent want to go to the LFS to spend about $10 and only get a hand full of chaeto algae and ill have to order some from the LFS because they don't have any, so they will only have it in about 2 weeks-one month. I will be paying for shipping. PM me if you can spare me some chaeto algae.

nietzsche

Aww man..., I cant take any pics of the tank because the glass is dirty and if i clean the glass all the corals will close up, so ill go clean the glass right now and take out as much hair algae as i can with my hand and will post a few full tank shots tomorrow. Sorry! Man i HATE!!!!!!! hair algae!! I need to get some cheato algae and 2 cleaner clams. Is there anyone that can spare me some chaeto algae? My dad dosent want to go to the LFS to spend about $10 and only get a hand full of chaeto algae and ill have to order some from the LFS because they don't have any, so they will only have it in about 2 weeks-one month. I will be paying for shipping. PM me if you can spare me some chaeto algae.
its okay. you dont have to clean the tank. id just like to see one. my lfs doesnt carry the small ones so i cant imagine how small they are or how they look. im just obsessed with having nano tanks lol. are you using ro/di water? i have chaeto and my nitrates went down but i still have some hair algae. but then again, i have no clean up crew in there besides some cerith snails :

coral keeper

its okay. you dont have to clean the tank. id just like to see one. my lfs doesnt carry the small ones so i cant imagine how small they are or how they look. im just obsessed with having nano tanks lol. are you using ro/di water? i have chaeto and my nitrates went down but i still have some hair algae. but then again, i have no clean up crew in there besides some cerith snails :
LOL. Ok, ill go take a few pics right now, some corals might be closed because i took out some hair algae. I got a clean up crew as you can see in page 1. I use tap water, where i live the water is very clear, i just take out the chlorine.