Coral Keepers 8 gall bio cube reef tank diary.

coral keeper

Ok, here is my stock list.
Fish:
1 Maroon Clown Fish
Inverts:
2 Marble Crab
1 Green Emerald Crab
1 Cleaner shrimp
4-5 Asterina Stars
1 Pacific Sea Anemone
3-4 Hermit Crabs
5-8 Margarita Snails
3-4 Limpet Snails
Sponges
TONS of Cope Pods
TONS of Amphi Pods
All kinds of diff worms.
Corals:
Xenia
zoos
1 head of Torch Coral
2 heads of Metallic Green Torch Coral
Toad Stool Coral
9.6 LB of Live Rock
8 LB of CC
I cant take any pics right now because the lights just went off. SORRY! I will post a lot of pics tomorrow. Sorry again! Are Amphi Pods good or bad?

nietzsche

by any chance do you have a tds meter? you still might stuff in your tap water that is causing the hair algae. i know i have problems because im just using ro water, and im not even sure its good ro water at that.
and yes, amphipods are good

reef diver

Also coral, no reason to bump when people still see it on the first page, bump it when it hits the second page, otherwise, noone elses threads get read

coral keeper

I did a few monds on my bio cube by making it into a refuge and was wondering if i can put base rock where the bio balls were insted of putting live rock insted of the bio balls? Can i do that? Is it better for the base rock or live rock to have a ton of holes?

coral keeper

I know this has nothing to do with saltwater but i had aroud 20-25 baby guppys come out of 1 female guppy!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is only 7 guppys in the tank and 6 are male and 1 is a female, the tank is 10 gallons, i started out with 7 guppys about a year and a half ago, then they had babys and more and more babys then i had around 100-150, then i put them all in my 90 gallon pond with my gold fish then after time my gold fish got big and ate all of them exept 7, and i put the 7 in my 10 gallon tank. I think 2 have been eaten in the 10 gallon tank my some of the small gold fish.
Well anyways, im very happy that my gupy had babys!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
I did a few monds on my bio cube by making it into a refuge and was wondering if i can put base rock where the bio balls were insted of putting live rock insted of the bio balls? Can i do that? Is it better for the base rock or live rock to have a ton of holes?
Replacing the bio balls with live rubble (small live rock) is what most people do, so yes, great idea and better for your tank, IMO. Also, you want live rock with tons of holes, it will filter the water better and have more surface area for your living organisms.

coral keeper

I am going camping tomorrow! Wish me luck everyone!!! Hope everything will live, my grandma is going to wach over the tank while im gon, ill be gon for about 3 days i bevlive.

coral keeper

Im back!!! Just came home from camp! There is some bad news tho.
My puffer died!!
And there was some EXTREM groth with the hair algae in my bio cube
, and on all my tanks the water got a little bad so i did some water changes and now every thing is good but when i just come home the temp on the bio cube was 86!!!!!!!!
I put a few ziplock bags full of ice and turned on the fan, right now the temp is going down a bit. Every thing els is good! I also got 2 little neck clams also know as cleaner clams. Ill post a few pics of the clams tomorrow. The 4 days felt like a year. My corals grew a bit.

thelmick

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Hear is a pic of my Margarita Snail, and my Xeani, i took both of these pics today as well.
is there another name for this coral because i cant find it and i like it

azfishgal

Sorry about your puffer, it's always sad losing a fish. As far as the temp goes, just make sure you bring it down slowly. A fast change in temp is worse then having it at 86. I think turning on a fan, blowing across the water would have been good, brings the temp down slower and is easier on the livestock.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by thelmick
is there another name for this coral because i cant find it and i like it
Are you taking about this coral? If you are it is called xenia. There is no other name for it i think exept the diff kinds of xenias. The sell xenia on this site also.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Sorry about your puffer, it's always sad losing a fish. As far as the temp goes, just make sure you bring it down slowly. A fast change in temp is worse then having it at 86. I think turning on a fan, blowing across the water would have been good, brings the temp down slower and is easier on the livestock.

Yeah, its very sad loosing a fish. It is going down slowly right now, i am watching my cleaner clams right now and they are taking out ther foot and starting to dig them selvs up, its is very cool and interesting.