Coral Prop Vid by Eric Borneman

emmitt

Awesome video but the way he chops up that favia :scared:
As soon as my new tank gets set up, definitely getting a wet saw and a cheap favia to try it out
p.s.-I DEFINITELY vote that this be stickied and put in the archives, its a must see for anyone who wants to frag.

promisetbg

He is very nice and charming. At IMAC this year he went to cut an acro while on stage..and the clipped piece catapulted about 20 ft.!

72olds455

Not very safe putting his fingers that close to the saw blade, did you say his name was stumpy? :scared: Great vid

B

bigtex52

Actually, the saw blade on that lapidary saw blunt and not sharp at all, just like the diamond blade on a tile saw. It won't do much cutting of fingers but believe it or not, the big danger is burning your fingers from the friction of the blade against your skin.

wax32

That was filmed by a member of the Louisiana Reef Club (not me) at a talk held at a LFS in Mandeville, LA. I am hosting it at my website... no wonder my traffic went up, all you people here downloading it!

BTW, it isn't nice to just randomly link to a file on someone's website, you should link to the site itself. But it's all good.

wax32

I'm glad I could do it. He is very cool in person and signed my dog-earred copy of his book.

maxalmon

Wax, thank you for posting one of the most informative videos clips i've ever seen, really opened my eyes to some ideas that I've been kicking around.

pyro

I beleive he said a couple hours - if they are gonna be out with air blowing over them just put a moist paper towel over them.
I'm not sure if I missed it, but did he mention anything about fragging LPS such as frogspawns/hammers/bubbles or are they still at that obnoxisly difficult level?