coral reefs take millions of years to grow

caomt

anony (5:05:59 PM): those are fake
anony (5:06:06 PM): coral reefs take millions of years to grow
anony (5:12:21 PM): it aint gonna grow in your tank
anony (5:12:26 PM): its illegal to remove reefs
guys is this true... i was chatting to my cousin
The Sun: Evidence for a Young Earth
One of the best ways to show that the earth is not "billions of years old" is to look at the sun.
We are all aware that the sun is burning. What you may not have thought of though, is that it can not burn forever. Though the sun does oscillate, it is also rapidly decreasing in size and mass.
For the last 300 years Boyal (sp) Observatory in England has been keeping records of the suns diameter (K. Hovind debate at the University of West Florida).
They have carefully recorded the rate the sun is shrinking. They have determined that the sun is shrinking at a rate of 5 feet per hour. At this rate, the sun would have been twice its present radius only one million years ago. The farther you go back in time, the larger the sun would have been. This is true even though the rate of shrinkage may not have always been the same. In fact in the past, the sun would have burned faster than it does today.
"The shrinkage rate centuries ago would be determined by the balance of the solar forces. Since the potential energy of a homogeneous spherical sun varies inversely with the solar radius, the rate of shrinkage would have been greater in the past than it is now". (Dr. Russel Akridge, ICR impact article #82 )
This means that today’s rate of shrinkage (5 feet per hour) was faster years ago. Perhaps at the rate of 10 or 20 feet per hour.
The sun would have been big enough to touch the earth only 20 million years ago. Evolutionists claim the earth is 4 BILLION years old. You can see why this is impossible.
If the earth was Billions of years old, then the earth would have been destroyed by the sun.
The Evolutionists idea that dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago is absurd. This is far too long ago for the sun to have allowed life on earth.
The earth can not be millions of years old.

jacknjill

the earth IS only a few thousand years old. my history teacher said that all the dinosaurs have been found with their heads facing up, as if they were GASPING FOR AIR!!!!! NOAH'S ARK! THE FLOOD! GET IT !!! sorry but i thought that was kinda cool
also, you know how there is a certain amount of dust that falls and collects on earth each year? well, when we were preparing to go to the moon, scientists calculated that "since the earth was billions of years old," the dust would be really deep (dont remember how much) but they thought the shuttle or whatever it was would just sink farther and farther down and eventually be covered. so that is why they put those big skii legs on so that it wouldnt sink. but guess what? when they landed, it was hard! there was only enough dust accumulated for a few thousand years!

m/0(*.*)0

I bet you also think that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church.
Also, regarding the whole "noahs ark thing".. Why wouldnt Noah have taken 2 of the dinosaurs? were they evil? like the unicorn????

nanocuber7

NM reef i think this thread should be deleted it has nothing to do with the saltwater hobby. otherwise this thread will turn into a war.

bonebrake

Check out http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Click "Get Answers" in the top left on the toolbar.
It is an organization of Ph.D.'s in various disciplines of science who believe in a recent biblical creation.
Noah did take the dinosaurs on the ark. They, and many other animals, did not survive in the world post-flood because the climate was drastically different and/or their food supply ran out.
The radius of the sun and its rate of change is excellent evidence, one of the best in my opinion, for a recent creation, however, I believe the moon dust one is no longer supported.
:joy:

bonebrake

This thread should be moved to The Aquarium and will not turn into a war if everyone remains civil and calm.

billsweet

creation as we know occurred nearly 6 thousand years ago but "the garden" was created in an unexplainable amount of time ago or billions of years ago I beleive the data on the sun shrinking but you must consider the earth is propelling toward the sun and even thousands of years ago was further away from a hotter sun. Has for dinosaurs, men walked with dinosaurs evidence is in" Behold behemoth"this old testement animal shaded the trees drank rivers and swung his tail like an oak tree was explained in the king james version as a hippo very oak tree tail huh? any way our recent ancestors were ignorant the king james version was translated as propaganda for the king of england please read the book yourself the truth will come out for those who search and can handle the truth
billsweet2003@yahoo.com

mythrenody

Originally Posted by m/0(*.*)0
I bet you also think that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church.
Also, regarding the whole "noahs ark thing".. Why wouldnt Noah have taken 2 of the dinosaurs? were they evil? like the unicorn????

What about Lepreochauns?

hot883

Originally Posted by nanocuber7
NM reef i think this thread should be deleted it has nothing
to do with the saltwater hobby. otherwise this thread will turn into a war.
It's called freedom of speech and there are MANY non sw threads on here. Just making a point. No flames attached. Ha!

caomt

the ocean is so big..you guys just dont know what well find if we go deeper! instead of trying to go to the moon.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by caomt
anony (5:05:59 PM): those are fake
anony (5:06:06 PM): coral reefs take millions of years to grow
anony (5:12:21 PM): it aint gonna grow in your tank
anony (5:12:26 PM): its illegal to remove reefs
guys is this true... i was chatting to my cousin
The Sun: Evidence for a Young Earth
One of the best ways to show that the earth is not "billions of years old" is to look at the sun.
We are all aware that the sun is burning. What you may not have thought of though, is that it can not burn forever. Though the sun does oscillate, it is also rapidly decreasing in size and mass.
For the last 300 years Boyal (sp) Observatory in England has been keeping records of the suns diameter (K. Hovind debate at the University of West Florida).
They have carefully recorded the rate the sun is shrinking. They have determined that the sun is shrinking at a rate of 5 feet per hour. At this rate, the sun would have been twice its present radius only one million years ago. The farther you go back in time, the larger the sun would have been. This is true even though the rate of shrinkage may not have always been the same. In fact in the past, the sun would have burned faster than it does today.
"The shrinkage rate centuries ago would be determined by the balance of the solar forces. Since the potential energy of a homogeneous spherical sun varies inversely with the solar radius, the rate of shrinkage would have been greater in the past than it is now". (Dr. Russel Akridge, ICR impact article #82 )
This means that today’s rate of shrinkage (5 feet per hour) was faster years ago. Perhaps at the rate of 10 or 20 feet per hour.
The sun would have been big enough to touch the earth only 20 million years ago. Evolutionists claim the earth is 4 BILLION years old. You can see why this is impossible.
If the earth was Billions of years old, then the earth would have been destroyed by the sun.
um, no.
how do you know that the size of the galaxy would not have changed as well ? if the sun was larger than today, how do we know that the other planets would have been proportionately (sp) farther away from the sun?

ophiura

This is my take on these threads:
Yes, it is freedom of speech, and it extends to BOTH SIDES of this argument. I would ask anyone participating to understand that they should keep an open mind - even if their mind is made up, and allow discussion. Many of these threads (and there have been many) have turned ugly in the past. It is not the place, IMO, to preach or judge people on their beliefs. Everyone is entitled to be a part of the discussion and have their own ideas and beliefs respected, even if you do not agree with them.

[hr]
Now, for my opinion.
I am an evolutionary biologist. I believe evolution is the mechanism of creation. I believe in God. I think he's presented me with one heck of a puzzle to put together.
PLEASE do not tell me how I am wrong or mislead, or simple minded in thinking this, as has happened in the past. I know there are people out there judging my beliefs, however, I am not interested in converting to another religion.
In the end I must answer only to God, same as many of you who believe. :)
The problem exists on two fronts, IMO: One is that there are die-hard creationists who won't allow a smidge of evolution...and the other is that there are die hard atheistic evolutionists who won't allow a smidge of God.
But there is a middle ground, IMO...a "can't we all get along" ground.
The other issue to me is one that is very heated...the question of faith versus science. I have no problem teaching creationism in school. I don't believe it should be in a science classroom. I have no problem (and truly wish we did) teach religion in school. I don't think faith should be taught in a science classroom.
IMO, there is no scientific finding that could ever preclude the existence of God. Because one is science, and the other is faith. And you can have both, I think.

All, JMO...or point of view