Crickets....

flower

I'm still lurking around... Where have you been? I see bang Guy, and a few new folks once in a while...

flower

Say something I'm giving up on you.
; )
There are some new folks, tanks just starting out and such. I lurk around here every morning. LOL...I can answer the easy questions (most times anyway), so I'm trying to be of some help. I took down all of my tanks. They were so neglected, and I couldn't take care of them properly. I miss them, so I hang out here and enjoy the hobby at a distance.

I still have all my equipment, the tanks and stands are cleaned up pretty good and are in the garage. My son expressed an interest, but he ran into trouble with his ex wife (custody fight), and he no longer has the interest in setting up a SW tank right now. I could sell the stuff, but I just can't seem to get there.

ironeagle2006

Well lets just say my Health took a MAJOR crap try Parkingson's before 40. So my life right now is dominated by Doctors trying to figure out what parts of my Brain are LEFT alive or undamaged. The joys of over 200 Concussions.

flower

Well lets just say my Health took a MAJOR crap try Parkingson's before 40. So my life right now is dominated by Doctors trying to figure out what parts of my Brain are LEFT alive or undamaged. The joys of over 200 Concussions.
{{{HUG}}} I'm adding you to my prayer list, I always pray for a cure of such dread diseases and wisdom to the doctors on what to do. I'm glad you posted, so often things happen to the folks we have in our cyber families. and we have no idea what happened or why. We do pay for every bump and bruise as we age. Keep us as updated as you can, we care.

ironeagle2006

Yeah just back from my Brain docs office a couple hours ago. Well lets just say he has all my MRI's from 14 years ago and my last CT can not have another MRI due to my Pacemaker from last year that is a FDA stage 1 Trial. He goes well I can see why you needed the Pacemaker as you have no Medulla Oblongota left and 99 percent of where your Autonomic Nervous system is Supposed to be is Dead according to this PET scan from 5 years ago. He went just HOW ARE YOU ALIVE STILL. I went if I could tell you doc I would. He goes you have more Brain Damage than most people that are in a Persistent Vegetate State do yet your Walking Talking and lead a fairly Normal Life. JUST HOW Did you manage that. I went your the Doc with the Medical Degree you TELL ME HOW. The only thing he can think of is either I am part Klingon with a Back up Brain Stem someplace in my head or I am to Stubborn to die.

flower

Yeah just back from my Brain docs office a couple hours ago. Well lets just say he has all my MRI's from 14 years ago and my last CT can not have another MRI due to my Pacemaker from last year that is a FDA stage 1 Trial. He goes well I can see why you needed the Pacemaker as you have no Medulla Oblongota left and 99 percent of where your Autonomic Nervous system is Supposed to be is Dead according to this PET scan from 5 years ago. He went just HOW ARE YOU ALIVE STILL. I went if I could tell you doc I would. He goes you have more Brain Damage than most people that are in a Persistent Vegetate State do yet your Walking Talking and lead a fairly Normal Life. JUST HOW Did you manage that. I went your the Doc with the Medical Degree you TELL ME HOW. The only thing he can think of is either I am part Klingon with a Back up Brain Stem someplace in my head or I am to Stubborn to die.
LOL... My heart was completely damaged on the left side (massive heart attack at age 22), it rerouted arteries and veins...the doctor can't even find the damage. He kept insisting I must have been wrong on the diagnoses, until he talked to my heart doctor. I spent 3 months in an ICU at Layola University hospital, I did indeed have massive damage, that now is so healed it can't be found with tests. The human body is an amazing thing isn't it!

Stay stubborn my friend.

ironeagle2006

Beth when I was 19 I had a severe car accident I had a Wheel bearing come apart at 50 MPH and it threw me into a ditch barrel rolled the car 1 and 3/4 times and came to rest. Then in 1996 while I was a Truck Driver I had another Accident however this one made that one look like a Fart in the wind. A Drunk Driver his Autopsy had his BAC at .24 slammed into my truck right under the Drivers seat of the Cabover truck I was driving at the time. It threw the Cab off the frame 20 feet Forward turning it onto its passenger side and flipping it forwards. I went bouncing around the cab like a freaking Ping pong Ball in a Lottery Machine. I walked away from both accidents however with what where thought minor Injuries. Then in 2000 I was Rear Ended by a 78 year old woman that got confused between her Brakes and gas. She hit me doing 40 I was at a Dead Stop. I had the Rear axle of my car in my Back seat of the car. Again at the time we thought NO INJURIES. I had also played Football in an Era where if your bell got rung you stayed in the game even if you where Puking on the sidelines between Series at times. Well 3 weeks after that last accident I had my First Seizure.

In 2001 I was relaxing in a Warm Spa temp was 98 degrees and I felt a Pop in my head and a Massive Headache hammered me. I then started Seizing at the same time. I am going off a Paramedic Report here. I was seizing for 25 Mins before they got me to Abbot Northwestern Hospital in Minn MN and Knocked me out with drugs to stop the seizure. Here is where it gets Blurry for me as I do not remember much for the next few days and am reading this from a notebook I was given by my doctor that was on my stroke team. I was taken for an MRI. It showed a Basal Artery Tear at a point that no Surgical Repairs could be attempted. They told my now Ex wife that she needed to prepare to become a Widow. My Parents where called in from IL and told to get ready to bury their Youngest Son if this tear did not Seal off on its own. Well somehow it did no one knows HOW it did. 2 days later while I was in ICU recovering from the first one part of the clot that had formed Broke off and went in further as the MRI Showed. My parents that had left as my mother had to go back to work where found on the Road by the WI State police and sent back to MN. The 1st one was a Baby the 2nd one was Massive it went in so deep that where it landed killed 20 percent of my brain tissues. Here is what my Doc wrote for me. If he survives he stands less than a 2% chance of Ever Walking or leading a Normal Life again based on where this happened. I was in ICU for 5 days and on a vent for 2 from what my mother has told me.

After 5 Days I was moved into the Rehab wing for Stroke Patients I was told it could take me 6 Months to get out of there. I made it my mission to be home before the end of Summer. I started Pushing harder than anyone had ever seen anyone ever push in rehab. Most Rehab patients where told try I was told SLOW down. Six weeks later I walked out of that Hospital. My first day back at work was get this 9/11/01 Talk about one HELL of day to come back to work.

Kristin1234

Well tell me if I'm crazy but...

I am getting a capuchin monkey.

I have always wanted one and done a lot of research on them. I met a great breeder and think in about 6 months I will have my own baby.