Cycling ???

keleighr

How long shoukld my 80 gallon be up before I add fish.
I keep having the water tested. I am still a little off.
It has been cycling for nearly a month now. (31/2 weeks???)
I have live sand and live rock.
As well as normal rocks.
I did a water change and added RO water in last night. 16 gallons about.

keleighr

Sure do.
They have been in business for about 25-30 years as well.
I only go to two pet stores. Due to their knowledge and experiance.

snailheave

yeah. like a while ago there was this katrina hurricane, and the residents in the refugium started killing each other

keleighr

You are soooooooo bad. You bring out the
in me!!!
I have a Rena Filtering System and a protein skimmer.

bemmer

Originally Posted by keleighr
Shoot they do it for free!!!!!
I know I should though.
Just being cheap!

I don't mean to be rude but I don't think you should use the word "cheap" when describing anything related to this hobby. This is not a cheap hobby nor should people cut corners because it is "cheap". You need to get test kits, not just for the initial test of the water during cycling but ongoing. if you are too cheap to buy test kits, you are too cheap for this hobby.

snailheave

Originally Posted by keleighr
You are soooooooo bad. You bring out the
in me!!!
when the big one hits california we'll meet at a refugium some where. deal?

keleighr

Originally Posted by Bemmer
I don't mean to be rude but I don't think you should use the word "cheap" when describing anything related to this hobby. This is not a cheap hobby nor should people cut corners because it is "cheap". You need to get test kits, not just for the initial test of the water during cycling but ongoing. if you are too cheap to buy test kits, you are too cheap for this hobby.

I have spent over $1000 on a 36 gallon tank to make sure that it is the perfect enviroment for my fish so that they don't go belly up.
Now I am moving on to an 80 gallon and will spend as much as it takes to make sure that it is perfect as well.
So if I wan to be "CHEAP" on the water aspect and also get the CORRECT advice from an expert while I am there then that's exactly what I am going to continue doing.
Also, you might want to leave the first sentence out because you obviously new that you were intending to be rude, so just be rude.

keleighr

Originally Posted by snailheave
if you find playing dead funni, i'd be up for the task.

As long as you make a funny corpse then we are totally ON!!!!