Dale Jr fans in here

H

huskychasrs

If the 8 stays at DEI, are you gonna be a Jr. fan still? With Budweiser gone now and the possibility of Pesi Co. stepping up to be the primary sponsor...I don't know if I can pull for him anymore.
"Here comes the #5 Diet Mountain Dew Chevy" just doesn't do much for me.
Before I get flamed I've been an Earnhardt fan since 83, not just a bandwagon fan. Yes Jr inherited a huge fan base that Sunday evening, the question is, how many stay with him?

ruaround

im am LMAO at all the necks that got Bud and #8 tattooed on em...
the #8 was pulled out of retirement for Jr. and from what i have read no one else will be able to use the #8... Theresa will be even more hated if she doesnt let it go... i was quite suprised to hear that Bud wasnt going to be his sponsor, and it was the HMS that made the decision...
personally since he is going to cheatdricks motor sports i will be rooting against him... i cant stand JG JJ KB...

scotts

It sure does seem like Bud and Jr. were the perfect match. But the sponser should not matter if you like the driver. Although what you said reminds me when Darrell Waltrip went from Bud to the Tide ride. All the other drivers called him bubbles.

H

huskychasrs

I like Harvick too but if the #8 doesn't go to HMS Color me Home Depot orange.

ruaround

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
I like Harvick too but if the #8 doesn't go to HMS Color me Home Depot orange.

you like mr attitude problem never my fault and a but a so a cry baby???
next time they interview stewart count how many times he says "and a", "but a" or "so a"... youll need to take off you shoes if the interview goes more than a minute...

shogun323

I was watching Nascar news yesterday and if I heard correctly there are currently negotiations for Jr to take the 8 with him.

scotts

Originally Posted by ruaround
you like mr attitude problem never my fault and a but a so a cry baby???:
My wifes HATES, and I mean HATES Tony!
Too bad she finally found Mark Martin this year. Now there is someone she likes.
It is pretty funny to watch a race and have her turn to me and say "do we like him?"

reefraff

Nothing against Jr but he has done nothing to earn the fan base he has other than being born to the right daddy. Unfortunatly for him I think he is getting to team cheat just in time for Nascar to start watching them like a hawk.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by shogun323
I was watching Nascar news yesterday and if I heard correctly there are currently negotiations for Jr to take the 8 with him.
NASCAR owns the numbers, so where the 8 goes is up to them. They've already stated this publicly.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by nitrotmann
c'mon now... yer not tryin hard enough if yer not gettin caught cheatin!
Seriously. They all cheat, some of them are just better at it than others, and some of them are just trying to exploit the grey areas more than others. Hell, if they never explored the grey areas, NASCAR wouldn't know what to make legal and illegal.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
If the 8 stays at DEI, are you gonna be a Jr. fan still? With Budweiser gone now and the possibility of Pesi Co. stepping up to be the primary sponsor...I don't know if I can pull for him anymore.
"Here comes the #5 Diet Mountain Dew Chevy" just doesn't do much for me.
Before I get flamed I've been an Earnhardt fan since 83, not just a bandwagon fan. Yes Jr inherited a huge fan base that Sunday evening, the question is, how many stay with him?
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing just how phony the Junior fans are.

jennythebugg

nascarwas something that my ex and i had together so i havent watched in a few years can anyone tell me why he split with dei?

rbaldino

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
nascarwas something that my ex and i had together so i havent watched in a few years can anyone tell me why he split with dei?
He basically wanted majority ownership of the team. His step mother didn't want to give up control. It didn't help any that they apparently don't have a great relationship.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
hmmm well i always disagreed with her getting dei
it should have been his at least majority his... imo
I didn't pay a lot of attention at the time of his death, so I don't know if Senior had a will or not. If he did, than he must have wanted Teresa to have the team. If he didn't have a will, well, that was kind of short-sighted.

reefraff

Originally Posted by rbaldino
Seriously. They all cheat, some of them are just better at it than others, and some of them are just trying to exploit the grey areas more than others. Hell, if they never explored the grey areas, NASCAR wouldn't know what to make legal and illegal.
There's a difference between pushing the grey areas and making un approved mods. Gordons team hasn't pushed it too much (at least not since Everanham left and Nascar started looking at tires on pit road) but Knaus and the 5's crew chief have.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by reefraff
There's a difference between pushing the grey areas and making un approved mods. Gordons team hasn't pushed it too much (at least not since Everanham left and Nascar started looking at tires on pit road) but Knaus and the 5's crew chief have.
Cheating has been around forever, and some drivers/teams that are beloved and held in high regard now were notorious in their day. Waltrip had a car full of BBs that he would slowly release over the course of a race to make the car lighter. Smokey Yunick once built a car that was 7/8 the size of a regulation car (among countless other things). What Knaus and company do isn't new, and it isn't even close to what some of the worst cheaters in NASCAR's history have done.

stdreb27

I think his stepmom is a nut. I really don't like him going to hendricks. But whatever, I really hope rousch breaks out of their funk. As for jr, it is in the genes, he isn't that great of a racer. But here down in the south your pappa counts for lot.

murph

Originally Posted by Scotts
My wifes HATES, and I mean HATES Tony!
Too bad she finally found Mark Martin this year. Now there is someone she likes.
It is pretty funny to watch a race and have her turn to me and say "do we like him?"
Sadly Mark Martin is about the only class act left in nascar. To bad she found him so late.