Dear Diary...

mushroomss

oh trainfever,i owuld personally never thaw out any of my food with tap water unless it is ro'd.I hope your is cause if it wasent thta would cause some major problems.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by mushroomss
hey perfect dark,
just so ya know those yellow zoo's you have can sting other corals.They are considered by some a pest.just so ya know

Thanks man, but I dont have any yellow zoa's...
. Are you talking about the yellow star polyups? If so, I watch them alot they spread like crazy but so far no issues. Thanks.

adairable

So I have an umbrella mushroom from here (bonebrake you remember) and a zoo frag from Bronco....they keep disappearing.
Well, eventually I find them hiding behind the rocks. I put them back out in front on a nice ledge or something and the next day....gone.
So yesterday I found the mushroom and put it out. And I swear that one of my clowns, the bigger of the two (named Bee-bop and the little guy is Roxsteady) Bee bop starts moving by punting it with his tail!!!

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Adairable
So I have an umbrella mushroom from here (bonebrake you remember) and a zoo frag from Bronco....they keep disappearing.
Well, eventually I find them hiding behind the rocks. I put them back out in front on a nice ledge or something and the next day....gone.
So yesterday I found the mushroom and put it out. And I swear that one of my clowns, the bigger of the two (named Bee-bop and the little guy is Roxsteady) Bee bop starts moving by punting it with his tail!!!

You should strap them down to a small piece of LR with a rubber band and a tooth pic. I had the same issue with a shroom I was given. It footed in 2 days and I removed the pic and rubber band and it has stayed ever since.

adairable

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
You should strap them down to a small piece of LR with a rubber band and a tooth pic. I had the same issue with a shroom I was given. It footed in 2 days and I removed the pic and rubber band and it has stayed ever since.
can you explain it a little more please

I'm a visual learner

perfectdark

Yikes... LOL. Ok There are alot of methods out there for this but I have used this one and its worked for me. You need to look at the shroom its foot actually make sure it has enough substance to get punctured with a tooth pic. If not you need to find somthing smaller in diameter but not made of metal. If you could possible cut a tooth pic in half the long way that would work too for a small shroom. At the base of the foot about 1/4" to 1/2" up pierce the foot with the tooth pic making sure the toothpic can be seen on both sides of the mushrooms base. Now get some small elastics any will do I use the ones that are for my daughters hair they are really small and strong. Take 2 of them and a small piece of LR and wrap the elastics around each end of the tooth pic holding it securley to the rock. In a few days you can just cut the elastics and remove the tooth pic or just leave the toothpic and the shroom will foot over it. I attached a very rough sketch for you to see what I am explaining. Hope it helps.

trainfever

Adair, just get a small piece of bridal netting and cut it to fit around a piece of rock. Then place the mushroom on the rock and wrap the netting around it to keep it oh the rock. Then wrap a rubberband around the rock to hold the netting in place. After a few days or a week at the most, the mushroom will attach to the rock.

adairable

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
Yikes... LOL. Ok There are alot of methods out there for this but I have used this one and its worked for me. You need to look at the shroom its foot actually make sure it has enough substance to get punctured with a tooth pic. If not you need to find somthing smaller in diameter but not made of metal. If you could possible cut a tooth pic in half the long way that would work too for a small shroom. At the base of the foot about 1/4" to 1/2" up pierce the foot with the tooth pic making sure the toothpic can be seen on both sides of the mushrooms base. Now get some small elastics any will do I use the ones that are for my daughters hair they are really small and strong. Take 2 of them and a small piece of LR and wrap the elastics around each end of the tooth pic holding it securley to the rock. In a few days you can just cut the elastics and remove the tooth pic or just leave the toothpic and the shroom will foot over it. I attached a very rough sketch for you to see what I am explaining. Hope it helps.
thanks!
and I loved the picture, seriously, it really helped!!!

adairable

Originally Posted by trainfever
Adair, just get a small piece of bridal netting and cut it to fit around a piece of rock. Then place the mushroom on the rock and wrap the netting around it to keep it oh the rock. Then wrap a rubberband around the rock to hold the netting in place. After a few days or a week at the most, the mushroom will attach to the rock.
ola train! Thanks for that....i'll get some bridal netting next time I go looking for wedding stuff. HA! Not happening!!!
But I am sure I can get it at micheals or something. Thanks for the idea
oh, what happened to your tank while you were away??? Didn't you have a tank sitter?

trainfever

Originally Posted by Adairable
ola train! Thanks for that....i'll get some bridal netting next time I go looking for wedding stuff. HA! Not happening!!!
But I am sure I can get it at micheals or something. Thanks for the idea
oh, what happened to your tank while you were away??? Didn't you have a tank sitter?
Na, I didnt have a sitter, I used technology and it beat me.
read this thread
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/278329/vacations-can-be-destructful-to-this-hobby

adairable

Can someone help?
If you take a look at the AGA 12g pictures I have can you tell me what kind of lights are on it??
I need to purchase new lights but I don't know what kind....I'm special