DeMartini's 14G BioCube

demartini

Originally Posted by ScubaGuy
Awsome tank DeMartini. :jumping:
My daughter has been following your posts because she is starting her own 10 Gallon tank. She is waiting for them to send her verification email but it has been three days now, she is only 9 so that might be the problem. I will let her know you posted some new pics though.
she's going to have a blast!! be sure to post pictures when you get it up and running.

m0nk

First, I'm just amazed at how nice your tank is. Second, those recent pics of your new additions are really well taken. How do you get such nice photos?

sig45

Originally Posted by mushroomss
awww i love swf.com message boards.a girl posts some pics of her tank and like 500 people reply.someone with a problem posts and like 3 people answer.Then they say they have 2 tangs in a 50 gallon and get bashed beyong belief.hilarious
dont forget to dog the tree hugging mods either.

zoie2

That feather duster/worm thing is awesome, but I can't tell how big or small it is. You need to show us a full tank picture!!

very cool tank!
i have a few questions for you-
im going to get my first saltwater tank in spring (ive had some fresh water experience)
Ok, I'm definately going to get a llarge tank like 150 gallons, but the question is- should i go right there or buy a nano (24g) first?
Next question- should i start off with a fish-only, FOWLR, or reef?
i would really like a bit more fish than yours does but i still LOVE your coral setup! with a 24g nano about how many fish could I fit in comfortably with that kind of lr and coral?
LOOOOOVE the tank! ive noticed you rearrage the coral alot though. never satisfied huh? lol

shogun323

Originally Posted by emilytompkins
very cool tank!
im going to get my first saltwater tank in spring (ive had some fresh water experience)
Ok, I'm definately going to get a llarge tank like 150 gallons, but the question is- should i go right there or buy a nano (24g) first?
i would really like a bit more fish than yours does but i still LOVE your coral setup! with a 24g nano about how many fish could I fit in comfortably with that kind of lr and coral?
LOOOOOVE the tank! ive noticed you rearrage the coral alot though. never satisfied huh? lol
Emily. In my opinion, you should go right for the 150 gallon. Bigger tanks are actually easier to maintain due to the fact that there is so much more water volume. Smaller tanks are fragile and need more attention.
As far as what you start off with, I would say it all depends on what you want your end result to be. If you are planning a reef, then I would go ahead and start getting all of the equipment you need for a reef, such as powerful lighting, lots of live rock, etc. By starting off this way you will save all the money on upgrades. Good Luck ~Wade

demartini

Originally Posted by emilytompkins
very cool tank!
I want a larger tank, but I don't have any room in my bed room to put it...my parents don't want it down stairs, so yeah I have to keep a small tank. Nanos are cool, and IMO easy to keep, but it's really up to you to decide how big of a tank you want.
You could have 4 or 5 fish in a 24 gallon. Go with a reef tank!. Start out with some easy corals first like mushrooms and zoos.

yeah the problem is... my parents wouldn't be too cool with a 150 gallon tank in my room. Imagine changing the water on the second floor!! maybe after college. I think I'll go with the 24g to start. My dad HATED taking care of the fresh water fish. Partially because he did it wrong. Every time he cleaned the tank it was a full water change and the heating/filter systems were out of date. I think he's pretty cool with a reef tank-fewer fish! Well, i have a long time to persuade him and raise money for the tank and its contents! Wish me luck!

johndestef

Demartini, thanks for the gorgeous close-up shots of your new additions.... but they're teasers!
Could ya post some full tanks shots too?
***)

demartini

To tell you the truth...I'm not really liking my tank at the moment:( I had to move everything around because my frogspawn keeps growing. If it grows any larger my corals are going to get stung like crazy... On top of that I keep buying more things when I have no room, so I'm trying to get rid of some stuff. Here it is as of now. (I know over crowded) I love the new coco worm. It's hard to see in this picture, but it's opened up more and the heads turned so you can see two of them...it looks awesome!

24#1

demartini,question 4 u ,how much water do you change once a week,nice tank,ill post some of mine soon