DeMartini's 14G BioCube

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by DeMartini
To tell you the truth...I'm not really liking my tank at the moment:( I had to move everything around because my frogspawn keeps growing. If it grows any larger my corals are going to get stung like crazy... On top of that I keep buying more things when I have no room, so I'm trying to get rid of some stuff. Here it is as of now. (I know over crowded) I love the new coco worm. It's hard to see in this picture, but it's opened up more and the heads turned so you can see two of them...it looks awesome!

To be honest with you, that doesnt look overcrowded at all. I too am having problems with the aquascaping part. No matter how i rearrange and arrange the rocks, it looks crowded and cant put anything anywhere. Specially anything near the top because everytime I do a water change I have to stress the coral by moving it down or somewhere else. Your aquascape looks natural.

demartini

Originally Posted by lbaskball
Why did you get rid of your frogspawn? did it die? Im telling you, the way you switched from your old tank to your new tank, I was guessing you might have a mini cycle. Either way, just an update, my tank is still not doing well. Lots of algae, the flow sucks from the stock pump thats in there. I redid my aquascape like million times. I just never had so much trouble with a nanocube as I do with the biocube.
No, it didn't die. I put it up in the coral trading theads but I ended up getting $50 for it from my LFS.

demartini

Originally Posted by lbaskball
How is the plate coral doign? those are hard to keep.
the plate is doing great... he's nice and puffy! I'm thinking about buying a purple one

demartini

This is how my aquascape looks now. As you can see, I sold my frogspawn to my LFS for $50, with the money I bought a brain, some Acans, ricordias. I know I told you that it looks a lot different, and well...it did at first ( it looked like crap lol) I will post a picture to show you how it looked before I tried gluing the broken pieces back together.
Acan
Brain
Rics

shogun323

Wow Lauren,
It looks so good. I love your Fox Coral. I may need to get one! You can never have too many rics!!! :joy:
~Wade

patrick8929

wow that is amazing
there are so many corals and i dont know how you found room for everthing. fantastic job keep it up and keep us posted

lovin_life

hey i am in aww over ur tank but i have some ?s 4 u about the picowhat could i keep in in i want the same tank could u go into detail about every thing?and what could i keep in it and dont use abreavations i dont know what they mean lol thanks!

lovin_life

and alsow what can i keep in the aquapod with the orignal lights thats easy and pretty any one?and could i keep an anemone and sorry for all the ? could i have bubble coral?

demartini

Originally Posted by LoViN_LiFe
hey i am in aww over ur tank but i have some ?s 4 u about the picowhat could i keep in in i want the same tank could u go into detail about every thing?and what could i keep in it and dont use abreavations i dont know what they mean lol thanks!
Are you talking about my .8 gallon pico? It was made by red sea. It comes with everything you need to start up a pico. Mushrooms and zoos are great corals to add. I had trumpet coral, zoos, and daisy polyps in mine...everything did great! I wanted to add a sexy shrimp or a pom pom crab, but I decided not to keep it up.

demartini

and alsow what can i keep in the aquapod with the orignal lights thats easy and pretty any one?and could i keep an anemone and sorry for all the ? could i have bubble coral?
You can keep all of the same corals I added to mine. You can also add bubble coral, frogspawn, xenia, mushrooms, green star polyps, zoos... you can basically add any soft coral.
if you want an anemone you will have to upgrade your lighting to metal halides. you can get a tube anemone. They don't need light.
You can get a gorgonian. They don't need any light...I'm thinking about buying a blueberry gorgonian myself.
I hope this helps... You can ask more questions if you need to.

demartini

thanks r the light strong enough 4 it the zoos and shrooms tho? what do u think about a clown goby?
the light is strong for that amount of water, so you can keep zoos and mushrooms. A clown goby would be a little big... Stick with crabs or a small shrimp.

lovin_life

do you know of another tank i can have a clown goby in?with good light so i can have a few simole things thanks 4 al the help!

demartini

Originally Posted by emilytompkins
could u snap one of the side? i want to see if your lr is touching the back or how far away from the back it is. thanks!
My live rock is touching the back.