DeMartini's 14G BioCube

Do you still have your Yellow Watchman?
NICE SETUP!!! I LOVE IT!!! I'm getting a 14G biocube soon. hope mine is as good as yours! :joy:
Also, what do you feed your corals? If you've stated before, sorry! I don't have the time at the moment to read 10 pages worth of posts!

Thanks, and nice setup!
-Matt

demartini

I traded in the yellow watchman for a juvenile royal gramma.
I feed my corals frozen cyclopeez and mysis shrimp.

demartini

Originally Posted by jeepxj922
hey dm...do you have your LR stacked against the back wall or what i am trying to make mine look cool
yes... That helps stabilize it all.

demartini

Originally Posted by gharner
hmmm, how big is ur royal gramma? and how long have you had him?
a little more than an inch long. I have had it for about 2 months

demartini

Originally Posted by highcottn1
ok HOW do u feed coral???
I feed my corals at night, because that's when they stick out their feeders. I shave a little cyclopeez off of the big frozen chunk and melt it with a half a cube of mysis inside a little salt water. I turn off the tanks pump... then I take a little squirter ( kinda like a mini turkey baster) and quirt the food at the corals.

sepulatian

Hey DeMartini,
I had heard wonderfull things about your nano all over the boards so I had to come and look! Good things do come in small packages (tanks)! It looks awsome!! :cheer:
-Sep

M

metalhead

hey, i just wanted to let you know that your aquapod is absolutly amazing, and if you would shed some knolage i would be extremly greatful. How do you clean that thank, do u syphon or just do water changes from the top. And you have stock lighting correct?? also what do u supplement your corals with

demartini

Sorry for the late post, I didn't notice that somebody responded. Actually my tank is a Bio-cube not a aquapod. I don't siphon the sand but I do siphon the water out of the tank and then add the new water. As of right now I do have stock lighting, but my halides come tomorrow, I'm so exited!!!! The only suplements that I add to my tank is DT's phytoplanton, liquid calcium and buffer dKH (to keep my calcium and dKH up)

M

metalhead

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Sorry for the late post, I didn't notice that somebody responded. Actually my tank is a Bio-cube not a aquapod. I don't siphon the sand but I do siphon the water out of the tank and then add the new water. As of right now I do have stock lighting, but my halides come tomorrow, I'm so exited!!!! The only suplements that I add to my tank is DT's phytoplanton, liquid calcium and buffer dKH (to keep my calcium and dKH up)
thanks, i appresiate you telling me this, btw, what is your clean up creW?

mrsgoose

Hi DeMartini - I've been admiring your tanks from afar! I'm looking to get some beginner corals into my 29g, too. How often do they need to be fed? I'm looking at just zoos and ushrooms for now. Do they need to be spot fed? Thanks in advance...

bgrae001

Your tank rocks! You are an inspiration to us all. I hope that one day my 55gal can look as cool and full as yours.

demartini

Originally Posted by MetalHead
thanks, i appresiate you telling me this, btw, what is your clean up creW?
I have a cleaner shrimp, 3 nass snails, 2 turbo, about 5 hermits, and an emerald crab.

demartini

Originally Posted by mrsgoose
Hi DeMartini - I've been admiring your tanks from afar! I'm looking to get some beginner corals into my 29g, too. How often do they need to be fed? I'm looking at just zoos and ushrooms for now. Do they need to be spot fed? Thanks in advance...
You don't "need" to feed corals, but they do benefit from it. Try squirting some cycopeeze at their mouths. I do it about 3 times a week.

demartini

Originally Posted by bgrae001
Your tank rocks! You are an inspiration to us all. I hope that one day my 55gal can look as cool and full as yours.
thank you!