DeMartini's 14G BioCube

azreefgirl

Gorgeous! :cheer: Truly a work of art!
If you ever come out to the Phoenix area, could you please come over and re-do my tank, then sign the masterpiece in the bottom corner, like the artist that you are!

imfsub12

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Here are some moon light shots that I just took.

WOW DMartini love the moon light pics.; what sort of lights do you use to get the colors coming out from your reef
WOW

demartini

Originally Posted by JohnDeStef

Congrats on the MHs! I can't imagine a gorgeous tank looking even better, but I guess you'll prove it's possible.

Which moonlights are you using, stock? Blue and white??
thank you so much john! I'm using the stock moonlights... Blue and white.
Originally Posted by joncat24
Awesome moonlight pics....I cant seem to get any good pics in the moonlights....
very nice rics.....I love rics
thanks! we sure do love our rics! :) the moonlights come with blue and white LED's. The white LED's make the tank a lot brighter, so I'm able to take some pretty good shots.
Originally Posted by AZReefGirl

Gorgeous! Truly a work of art!
If you ever come out to the Phoenix area, could you please come over and re-do my tank, then sign the masterpiece in the bottom corner, like the artist that you are!
THANKS!!! :) that's really kind of you to say!
Originally Posted by imfsub12

WOW DMartini love the moon light pics.; what sort of lights do you use to get the colors coming out from your reef
WOW
thank you! the blue LED's are what bring out the bright colors
I have been doing SW for about 10 months. I came here knowing nothing! goes to show ya how great this forum is!

eyebedam

Those are some awesome pics. Is that the 70 watt sunpod? If so Im sure youll be really happy with it. Ive got the 150 & couldnt be happier. Nice tank

demartini

thanks! yeah it's the 70 watts... personaly I love it. i don't plan on keeping any SPS. I'm going to get some clams and maybe and anemone, so the 70 watt is just right for me... plus my low light corals wouldn't like that much light.

imfsub12

Ya i'm not sure if my stock lights will work that great.. but we can always upgrade.. but i see the moom lights arn't that much.. but arn' they good for night time movement among the fish and other critters in your tank

demartini

They are more for looks. each LED=1 watt of light. You can also see what other critters crawl out of your live rock more easily! if you buy an all in one system, like the biocube or quapod then the moonlights will come already built into the hood.

imfsub12

ya i can't realy get the biocube or quapod here in halifax as our stores don't sell them... so i think we will just stick to a 29 G tank for now.. comes with everything for $120.. LFS says good way to start... So we are really thinking hard on this but it might just happen this week..

gharner

do most true perculas have that much black on them? i love the look of urs and was debating between getting either a false perc or a true perc. how long have u had them, were they captive bred? also u have 3 fish in what i believe is a 14 gallon correct...... i have a sixline wrasse right now and wanted to get a clown and a yellow watchman or some other kind of goby, do u think this would work in a 12 gallon???? sorry bout all the ?'s but i belive that you are one of the best ppl here to ask.
AMAZING TANK!!!!!!!

imfsub12

DeMartini.. what a are the things that make the nice neon color in this pic they are amazing!!!! ie hot pink and green

demartini

Originally Posted by gharner
do most true perculas have that much black on them? i love the look of urs and was debating between getting either a false perc or a true perc. how long have u had them, were they captive bred? also u have 3 fish in what i believe is a 14 gallon correct...... i have a sixline wrasse right now and wanted to get a clown and a yellow watchman or some other kind of goby, do u think this would work in a 12 gallon???? sorry bout all the ?'s but i belive that you are one of the best ppl here to ask.
AMAZING TANK!!!!!!!

My LFS gets the true percs in a lot, so I was able to pick out some nice ones. I like the ones that have more black... some have less and some have more. true percs are always from the wild and aren't as hardy as a tank raised perc... true percs also cost more. I bought mine separately for $25 each. I have had one for about 4 months and they other I thin it's been 3 months.
Yes, I have 3 fish. since you are going to get a clown... maybe you can add a really small shrimp goby, but you want to be careful because a sixline can be mean to smaller fish.

demartini

Originally Posted by imfsub12

DeMartini.. what a are the things that make the nice neon color in this pic they are amazing!!!! ie hot pink and green
moonlighting does that... The blue LED's are what bring out those beautiful colors!

imfsub12

Originally Posted by DeMartini
moonlighting does that... The blue LED's are what bring out those beautiful colors!
sorry i ment is that coral? or whats the name of it?