DeMartini's 14G BioCube

rackyrane

Hey Lauren!
Tank looks amazing. I recently bought a 12 gal aquapod because of yours. It's my office tank and I hope to get it half as great as yours some day.
Could I have the link mentioned above also: rackyrane@cs.com.
Thanks!
By the way, the stuff I got from 6th Avenue is still doing great. I bought a wellsophyllia from there that has about doubled in size. Did you ever go in there? It was worth the trip--we were so glad you suggested that place.

m0nk

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I'll let you know when I start fragging!
Oooo, let me know when you frag more stuff too, I'd be interested.

reefcrazy81

hello names justin was just wondering if u had any frags left if so email pics and prices................ my email is .pokerstar81@yahoo.com p.s. i live near san fran

reef diver

Wow demartini, Ive seen your tank progress from when you just started it. Looks great. A livestock list would be nice however.

R

rattler739

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
Wow demartini, Ive seen your tank progress from when you just started it. Looks great. A livestock list would be nice however.
I am kinda curious too

txchewy

OKAY DeMartini
Like many others after surfing countless pages and threads we ran across this one.
And yes I fell victim to your tank. So I ran out spent way to much money and still have your pictures as my desktop. I almost spend more time looking at your pictures than my own tank.
So after 4 months of operation I decided to take a few pics and start my own thread - Nano^2. Yes if you know math then you understand.
I need a better camera or you to fly to Texas and aquascape my tank.
Thanks for Everything your the BEST.

demartini

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't responded in a long time. I have been really busy and I also went on a vacation for a while. I just want to say thanks for all the nice comments and Ill let everyone know when I have more frags available.
Heres my livestock list:
True pers x2
Royal Gramma
Pom Pom Crabs x2
Cleaner shrimp
Green Cat eye
Frogspawn
Alian Eye Blastos
Ricordeas
Green center clove polyps
Gold center clove polyps
Green Star Polyps
Acan lords
Candy Canes
Alveopora
Various Zoas and Palys
Various mushrooms
Plate coral
Coco Worm

demartini

Originally Posted by Laxzach
What additives do you add to your tank and how often?
The only thing I add is dkh buffer and calcium. Everything else replenished through water changes.

howardj

Hey Lauren, whats your cleanup crew?
I was thinking:
Cleaner shrimp
boxer crab (pom pom)
2 nassarius
2 turbo
3 blue leg hermit
/and
2 scarlet leg hermits
for a 12

peef

I also picked up a sun coral. I'll take some more pictures when they open up. Here also some pictures of my cute little kitty Daisy, who tried to go after the clowns.
Hey there DeMartini
LOVE your tank, I have a 24nano thats around 1 and a quarter months old. I have purchased a suncoral also...I love it and love the fact that it takes so much care, BUT.....I cannot get the friggen thing to come out and eat for the life of me. I have tried turning off pumps in tank and putting marine snow around to coax them out. Didn't work. I have tried putting mysis shrimp all around to coax them out....didn't work. I put it in a seperate tank and mixed in snow for like freaken 20 minutes and then put mysis all over....and YAY one of the tiniest polyps ate a shrimp but that is one out of like 25-30. I have only had it for ummmm 5 days now. But I think it should be a little hungry and at least semi-comfortable in the tank. It does still look good, not dieing yet. How is yours? How long did it take to eat....what did you do to get it to eat and all the appropriate questions....Thanks in advance.
P-Fat

peef

Hey there Martini,
Got one other question for yah. Like I said I have a 24g nano, with all the stock lighting...although it does have the 2 blue actinic and 2 white. Have you had any problems keeping frogspawn and high light corals like that? I have a moon brain coral that is freaken awesome but I am wondering if it should be moved higher as it doesn't quite look like what I think it should. Thanks again
P-Fat

demartini

Unfortunately I don't have the sun coral anymore. Another coral fell on top of it killing the majority of the polyps. It took it a few days to open, but after 5 days it should be opening up.. Try using some frozen cyclopeeze or some phytoplankton to get them to open.
Stock lighting should be ok for the frogspawn, but not for the brain. I've tried to keep a brain when I had stock lighting, but it got bleached; even when keeping it close to the surface.

peef

Unfortunately I don't have the sun coral anymore. Another coral fell on top of it killing the majority of the polyps. It took it a few days to open, but after 5 days it should be opening up.. Try using some frozen cyclopeeze or some phytoplankton to get them to open.
Stock lighting should be ok for the frogspawn, but not for the brain. I've tried to keep a brain when I had stock lighting, but it got bleached; even when keeping it close to the surface.

My sun coral opened last night YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brain seems to be doing great...open and colorful! Will it start like that and then slowly die? I don't want that to happen...I am going to pick up a 150w Sunpod within a month. Do you think that it will be ok 'till then? I hope so....

perfectdark

Hi Lauren,
I am always watching your thread to see your tank and how it is progressing.. VERY VERY Nice..
I just got some ric's for my tank exactly the same color as yours, I was holding out getting some because when I saw yours I was in awe over the colors. My question is...where did you get your coco worm from? I want one too but the only ones I can find around me are tiny, very very tiny and they want like $80 for it..that seems a bit pricey. Thanks.