DeMartini's 14G BioCube

demartini

Originally Posted by peef
My sun coral opened last night YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brain seems to be doing great...open and colorful! Will it start like that and then slowly die? I don't want that to happen...I am going to pick up a 150w Sunpod within a month. Do you think that it will be ok 'till then? I hope so....

My brain was good for a while then slowly started to bleach. But you should be ok until your sunpod comes in.

demartini

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
Hi Lauren,
I am always watching your thread to see your tank and how it is progressing.. VERY VERY Nice..
I just got some ric's for my tank exactly the same color as yours, I was holding out getting some because when I saw yours I was in awe over the colors. My question is...where did you get your coco worm from? I want one too but the only ones I can find around me are tiny, very very tiny and they want like $80 for it..that seems a bit pricey. Thanks.
I got my coco worm at my lfs for about $45, but I haven't seen them get one as red as mine since. You can order one online for around $60, but then you would have to pay for shipping.

A

aquaman1

Hi Lauren,
some new pics would be great... i'm new to the message board but have been watching your progress for some time.. yes one more victim...love your tank...and yes like so many others i'm thinking of converting my 29gl FOWLR into a reef. I would love some advise in the future i'll keep u posted..

A

aquaman1

Great pic's
feels like watching the Animal Planet channel

amazing reef tank hope to be there soon

demartini

Originally Posted by aquaman1
Great pic's
feels like watching the Animal Planet channel

amazing reef tank hope to be there soon

thanks! =)

peef

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Here are some pictures that I took this morning.

Martini,
Your ricordias are amazing. I am about to order some, but was curious....I have the 24g nano. I have taken out all sponge in 1st and 2nd chamber. I took out the carbon and moved the bioballs to 3rd chamber. In 2nd is ceramic rings and chemi-pur. How is it that you run yours? What do you feed and how often? Anything special you do? I want my tank to thrive as yours does. By the way my suncoral is looking pretty good FINALLY!

Here is just one photo of it.....sorry to post on your thread if you don't like that!

demartini

Originally Posted by peef
Martini,
Your ricordias are amazing. I am about to order some, but was curious....I have the 24g nano. I have taken out all sponge in 1st and 2nd chamber. I took out the carbon and moved the bioballs to 3rd chamber. In 2nd is ceramic rings and chemi-pur. How is it that you run yours? What do you feed and how often? Anything special you do? I want my tank to thrive as yours does. By the way my suncoral is looking pretty good FINALLY!

Here is just one photo of it.....sorry to post on your thread if you don't like that!
Nice sun coral! It looks very healthy. Does yours open up during the day or only at night?
I took the bio balls and ceramic rings out and replaced them with small pieces of live rock. The bio-cube is set up a little different than the nano cubes, but I basically only have a a little bit of filter floss, that I change frequently, and live rock in the back chambers. Occasionally I will run a bag of carbon.
I feed frozen mysis shrimp mixed with some cyclopeeze every other day, but sometimes I use brine shrimp.
I don't do anything special, just keep doing weekly water changes. And spot feeding corals help them stay healthy and grow faster.

R

reefernana

I feed frozen mysis shrimp mixed with some cyclopeeze every other day, but sometimes I use brine shrimp.
I don't do anything special, just keep doing weekly water changes. And spot feeding corals help them stay healthy and grow faster.
I feed my fish and corals the same way with the same stuff. By the way, the 4 pink palys I got from you last month are now 8.
I'll take some pics as soon as I get those darn macro lenses. They sent me the wrong size so now I'm waiting for the correct ones, from India no less!

demartini

Originally Posted by reefernana
I feed my fish and corals the same way with the same stuff. By the way, the 4 pink palys I got from you last month are now 8.
I'll take some pics as soon as I get those darn macro lenses. They sent me the wrong size so now I'm waiting for the correct ones, from India no less!
Yay, I'm glad they are growing. I can't wait to see pictures of them in your tank!

peef

Nice sun coral! It looks very healthy. Does yours open up during the day or only at night?
I took the bio balls and ceramic rings out and replaced them with small pieces of live rock. The bio-cube is set up a little different than the nano cubes, but I basically only have a a little bit of filter floss, that I change frequently, and live rock in the back chambers. Occasionally I will run a bag of carbon.

My sun only opens up about 30 minutes after the lights go out. But I have recently purchased a few more moon LED's to get a better view. Thanks for the advice!