DeMartini's 14G BioCube

peef

Do you have a frag tank now? Looks like from your pics you do! Nice zoos and yumas!!!!!! When they start to multiply we should trade some! Post a pic of what the updated tank looks like!!!!

R

reefernana

Wow, Lauren, those are all beautiful! I can't wait until I can afford some rics. I want some of those nuclear greens, too. Great purchases! I'm hoping to go to Aquarium Concepts this Saturday. Can't wait!

myzislow

Very nice Yumas and new additions!
I think I know where you got the Yumas, were you impressed with the pack you received? Did any come diseased, with them "melting syndrome" that some wild caught yumas do. Did you buy them sight un seen, or did the seller send you additional pics for a WYSIWYG? They look great!
Those frag discs in your 2nd set look like Atlantis Aquarium plugs. You got some sweet frags there! Those nuclear greens are crazy!
My friend and I recently made the trek up to the bay and checked out Atlantis, New Alameda, and aquarium concepts. I was most impressed with Atlantis, tho they were a little pricey. I loved there deep reef displays, they were gorgeous and well done. New Alameda was hard to find(we got lost lol) and we were not impressed with the selection or the service. Perhaps we caught the store on a bad day and they needed to re-stock. They had some nice blastos but for some reason not a one was for sale
Aquarium concepts is no doubt quite a store and was very impressive. More general type selection, but some rarer stuff if you look hard for it. The size of that round tank is amazing, as is the size of the actual coral colonies in it. I was stunned how big the zoos were in that tank, seriously bigger then my ricordias lol. I ended up only buying 4 small SPS frags at Atlantis, pretty good deal, buy 3 get 1 free in the 15-25 dollar section. Thanks for the recommendations, definitely worth checking out again

demartini

Originally Posted by peef
Do you have a frag tank now? Looks like from your pics you do! Nice zoos and yumas!!!!!! When they start to multiply we should trade some! Post a pic of what the updated tank looks like!!!!
yes I do, but I still need to get metal halides for it. We can definitely trade some time!

demartini

Originally Posted by reefernana
Wow, Lauren, those are all beautiful! I can't wait until I can afford some rics. I want some of those nuclear greens, too. Great purchases! I'm hoping to go to Aquarium Concepts this Saturday. Can't wait!
thanks!! I went to aquarium concepts a few days ago and I was kind of disappointed... I must have gone right before shipment day lol. The nuclear greens are from new alameda aquatics.

demartini

Originally Posted by myzislow
Very nice Yumas and new additions!
I think I know where you got the Yumas, were you impressed with the pack you received? Did any come diseased, with them "melting syndrome" that some wild caught yumas do. Did you buy them sight un seen, or did the seller send you additional pics for a WYSIWYG? They look great!
Those frag discs in your 2nd set look like Atlantis Aquarium plugs. You got some sweet frags there! Those nuclear greens are crazy!
My friend and I recently made the trek up to the bay and checked out Atlantis, New Alameda, and aquarium concepts. I was most impressed with Atlantis, tho they were a little pricey. I loved there deep reef displays, they were gorgeous and well done. New Alameda was hard to find(we got lost lol) and we were not impressed with the selection or the service. Perhaps we caught the store on a bad day and they needed to re-stock. They had some nice blastos but for some reason not a one was for sale
Aquarium concepts is no doubt quite a store and was very impressive. More general type selection, but some rarer stuff if you look hard for it. The size of that round tank is amazing, as is the size of the actual coral colonies in it. I was stunned how big the zoos were in that tank, seriously bigger then my ricordias lol. I ended up only buying 4 small SPS frags at Atlantis, pretty good deal, buy 3 get 1 free in the 15-25 dollar section. Thanks for the recommendations, definitely worth checking out again

The guy actually gave us 13 instead of 10 yumas! some of them were not that great, but others were very cool! I didn't get to see what I was going to get. they all came in perfect condition and were well packed. overall, I was happy with the pack.
The new frags aren't from atlantis. I went there a few days ago, but the manager was there =( he over charges... his other employees give me great deals. I admit though they do have some gorgeous stuff and their display tanks are amazing!
I bought these last frags from new alameda. It looks as though he had just gotten a shipment. He had some gorgeous zoos! I was in heaven hehe a lot of his stuff isn't for sale because he keeps a couple of everything, so that he can propagate and always have awesome stuff... he had just sold out of PPEs =( Steve (bald guy) he's the owner and he gave me such a good deal on everything! he also gave me free neon green clove polyps and eagle eyes. I found out that he is only there on weekends now, so maybe you went there when he wasn't around.
I love aquarium concepts! I wish they had never moved to Dublin. I had to drive like an hour a few days ago to get there. Unfortunatly I went when they were pretty picked over and waiting for a new shipment, so I went there for nothing... ohhh wellll.
I'm glad you liked two of the places! =)

demartini

Originally Posted by ElitePhoto
thanks for showing off pics of all the stuff I need to talk you into bringing me when you come out in Nov ;)
make sure ricordeas aren't on your list! lol

elitephoto

these are all in ur 12g Lauren? If so I am coming up soon and when I leave I will just carry out your whole tank full of goodies ;) that 12 is easily carried when full

redx113

Hey, ive been looking at pictures and reading about your tank for a long time demartini, its gorgeous, I'm kind of new to this thing, and i've been using simply tap water for my tank, but i wanted to change that, i was wondering do you use a specific type of water or just get premixed salt water from a store?