DeMartini's 14G BioCube

demartini

Originally Posted by VDubDan
This thread is epic. thank you for the inspiration and information.
that's sweet of you to say

K

kat74

That video is TOOOO cute!!~

When you move to the 18 gallon, what are you going to do with your perc pair and the picasso pair? The percs are in the 14 and the picassos are in the 10 right now, right?

demartini

thanks guys and Kat! they do love their frogspawn!
the picassos are in my 10 gallon for now, but they will eventually be in my 18 gallon and these 2 little percs will be in my boyfriends tank when he sets it up... I think he wants to get a 50 gallon.

sigmachris

Wow a 50 gallon canvas for you to work your magic in...I hope he has a good job to support his tank and the coral layout you will choose for him.

gharner

wow i love the video! i wish my clown would host like that. he finally started to semi-host my frogspawn but he doesnt go all out like your clowns do! (i wonder why not
). looks really good!!!!!

sigmachris

Hi Lauren,
Beutiful carpets...do you think those would do well in the stock lighting of the BioCube? I am debating about picking up a couple this week.
Thanks,
Chris

demartini

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
Hi Lauren,
Beutiful carpets...do you think those would do well in the stock lighting of the BioCube? I am debating about picking up a couple this week.
Thanks,
Chris
I'm really not sure... I think they wouldn't do well under stock lighting.

K

kat74

Hey Lauren!~
Just checking in with you to see how your Picasso's are doing?
I'm *finally* going to be getting a pair in about a month!!~
I knew how "rare"/hard-to-get they were, but had no idea that they were this
hard to get now!
One of the LFS around here (well, about an hour and a half from me) just opened an account with ORA and he inquired about the Picasso's and was told this:
"Ok, so as for your Picasso question... We have 2 "grades" of picassos; "A" (like the picture on the webpage) and "B" or semi-picassos which come from the same broodstock pairs but do not have the complete tail bar or connecting bars. There is a considerable price difference between these fish as well. We almost always have the semi-picassos available however the full "A" grades are becoming very limited and we aren't expecting any for at least 2 weeks (probably more like a month). They are just too small to ship right now. We have a limit of 2 "A" grades and 4 "B" grades per customer."

The 2 "A" grades are spoken for by me since I told this guy waaaaay back that I wanted a pair of Picasso's, so I should have them in about a month.

Not sure how much they are going to cost me, but he told me that he would give me "great" price on them.
He'll also give me a 20% discount on them because I am a member of our local reef club. With this ORA order, he's also running a "bonus" that if you purchase a certain amount, you get free stuff, like frags, food, etc.. and I know that ORAglo is included in that free offer. Are you feeding your Picasso's ORAglo?

demartini

one of them died, but it was under warranty so they sent me a new one. They both are doing good now.
yaaaaaaaaaay we are going to be picasso twins hehe it sounds like you are going to be getting a great deal with 20% discount.
ORAglo is one of the most nutritious dry foods around! I just started feeding my perculas ORAglo and they are looking plumper and even more beautiful than ever! I also heard that the ORAglo makes their orange more vibrant and helps make the black fill in faster.
I also found out about the two different types of picassos. My original pair were actually type B. The pair that I bought on SWF.com are type A.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by DeMartini
one of them died, but it was under warranty so they sent me a new one. They both are doing good now.
yaaaaaaaaaay we are going to be picasso twins hehe it sounds like you are going to be getting a great deal with 20% discount.
ORAglo is one of the most nutritious dry foods around! I just started feeding my perculas ORAglo and they are looking plumper and even more beautiful than ever! I also heard that the ORAglo makes their orange more vibrant and helps make the black fill in faster.
I also found out about the two different types of picassos. My original pair were actually type B. The pair that I bought on SWF.com are type A.
I'll definately post pics of mine when I get them and hope for the best that they are going to be healthy! I've been hearing more and more stories about them being sick when people get them, and that worries me a bit, but I still want to give them a try since I've wanted a pair ever since I've seen what they looked like.
Since they'll already be used to to the ORAglo, I'll have to stock up on that too. It sounds like the best food to get for them and my other babies anyway. Do you just give them the ORAglo, or do you mix it with other stuff too?