DeMartini's 14G BioCube

kevin34

Awesome anemones!
Can you give me some info on them? How big do they get, care level, lighting and feeding need, etc.? Also are they big enough for clowns to host?

sigmachris

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Awesome anemones!
Can you give me some info on them? How big do they get, care level, lighting and feeding need, etc.? Also are they big enough for clowns to host?
The mini's only get to 2" in diameter max and don't host clowns. I am researching care level but I saw 20 of them in a 20 gallon long 3 days ago and it only had 120 watts of PC lighting. The guy started with only 1 mini and got 20 after about 18 months, so that could give you an idea on lighting. I don't think my stock BioCube will support them, so I am in the process of upgrading the lighting.

v8eater

Originally Posted by DeMartini
My new Mini-Carpet Anemones

I was just curious how big these mini carpets get, and where I could purchase some. They look outstanding!
Thanks Justin

lizzy

Hey DeMartini!
Your tank is awesome. I just read through your whole tank diary and there is a ton of really good info on here. I had a pad of paper and a pen sitting next to me so that I could write info down. My 65 gal tank just finished its cycle yesterday! Water Params are: Amm: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 10 Sal. 1.026 and PH 8.2 I have PC lighting and I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. I was wondering if you could make a list of all the corals that would be good for beginners to start out with I know Mushrooms and Zoa's but is there anything else? What would be best? also I was wondering how long (if at all) you should wait after your cycle is finished to put in any coral? Can all corals come out of the water? and for the frogspawn...i know it can sting other corals...maybe this is a stupid question..but can it sting you too? okay one last question I have no idea what KH is. would you mind letting me know? Thank you for all the info and the gorgeous pictures of your tank! You are doing an awesome job!

http:///forum/post/2017655
about 3 nights a week I defrost some cyclopeeze in saltwater and squirt it towards the corals. I also add DT's phytoplankton about twice a week for the filter feeders. Most LPS are able to eat mysis, so they also eat when I feed my fish.
What do you mean by defrost? Can you explain the process of how you feed your coral?

ma

i have a 14 gallon biocube and I would like to keep clams in it, but how do i update my lights to metalhalides

demartini

Originally Posted by Charred Salad
http:///forum/post/2453908
What do you mean by defrost? Can you explain the process of how you feed your coral?
The food I feed my fish/coral is frozen, so I put it in a little cup with some saltwater and let it sit for about 10 mins. Then I use a pipette that came with my test kit to suck it up and squirt it onto my corals.

demartini

Originally Posted by MA
http:///forum/post/2453923
i have a 14 gallon biocube and I would like to keep clams in it, but how do i update my lights to metalhalides
You could buy a kit where you could install metal halides into the hood, but you would have overheating problems. I took off the hood and bought a Current USA 70w Sunpod. It sits on top of the tank.

demartini

Originally Posted by Lizzy
http:///forum/post/2448629
Hey DeMartini!
Your tank is awesome. I just read through your whole tank diary and there is a ton of really good info on here. I had a pad of paper and a pen sitting next to me so that I could write info down. My 65 gal tank just finished its cycle yesterday! Water Params are: Amm: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 10 Sal. 1.026 and PH 8.2 I have PC lighting and I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. I was wondering if you could make a list of all the corals that would be good for beginners to start out with I know Mushrooms and Zoa's but is there anything else? What would be best? also I was wondering how long (if at all) you should wait after your cycle is finished to put in any coral? Can all corals come out of the water? and for the frogspawn...i know it can sting other corals...maybe this is a stupid question..but can it sting you too? okay one last question I have no idea what KH is. would you mind letting me know? Thank you for all the info and the gorgeous pictures of your tank! You are doing an awesome job!
There are many corals that you could get; Frogspawn candy canes, plate coral, green star polyps are all very easy to take care of. I would add some fish to your tank first to make sure your tank is mature enough to handle the bio-load. Then you can start adding corals. Corals can be out of water for quite some time, but I would say around 5-10 mins. So if your doing a water change and some corals stick out for a little bit, it will be fine. Frogspawn can sting other corals, but it can sting you. KH stand for Carbonate hardness; you need to check this along with calcium in order to maintain a proper pH.

K

kat74

http:///forum/post/2443179
it sounds like you are going to be getting a great deal with 20% discount.
Well, I got my price on the Picasso pair today. They are $207.97 for the pair. He said that I actually got a 10% discount since it was livestock. The 20% discount is for dry goods. I can definately live with that price. Another LFS around here got a pair in and wanted to sell them to me for $350.00.
Quick question about the ORAglo. Do you mix it with anything else or just feed them that?