DeMartini's 14G BioCube

demartini

Originally Posted by bigpete
hey dimartini. tank looks awesome. how long have you had your clam and under what lights? ive been thinking about pickin up a clam. hit me up via email
pdowdall@stmarys-ca.edu
I've had it for about 2 months now and under 70w halides.

I have a 24 gal nano. Basically stock except removed bioballs and ceramic rings. Rinse sponges once a week w water change have read your suggest about live rock and am working on that. Checking to see if lfs has filter floss. Have you upgraded pump in the back or added anything to increase flow if so what? And can you replace stock bulbs with better bulbs? I want better light but like the hoodlight/ moonlight combo. How do I upgrade but leave same hood? Thanks for your help Your tank looks so great MBintraining (marine biologist)

demartini

I still use the stock pump, I was thinking about upgrading but I felt that the stock was enough flow. If you feel that you need more flow you should go with a rio hyper flow 6. It puts out 350gph and I think the stock is around 290gph. Or you could just add another power head, like a mj600 or 900, to increase the flow in the tank.
For your lights look up nano tuners, you can buy a DIY kit to add better lights into your hood.

anubisxero

Hey Lauren! It's been awhile since i've seen your thread at the top and with anything going on. Good to see you're around. :)
Jason.

demartini

Thanks jason! How's your little girl doing?
I should update.... I'll post pictures soon. All I really added was some xenia and a fuge.

anubisxero

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Thanks jason! How's your little girl doing?
I should update.... I'll post pictures soon. All I really added was some xenia and a fuge.
You're most welcome! She's great, she's getting really big and talking more and more everyday. Singing and dancing is her new favorite thing and I think walking is a week or two away, she's taken un-assisted steps already but still waiting for that really long walk. :D
Yeah you should post some new stuff, even with only a few new things...Your tank is always a site to behold.
And thank you for asking about Gabby :)

gharner

demartini i would really love to see some new pics soon. i need some inspiration...i have a cyano outbreak and so i started using ro water. i was also thinking of using some of that red slime remover but i wanted to stay away from chemicals. well anyway i need some inspiration and there is no better tank to look at than yours. if you could post some pics it would be greatly appreciated

demartini

thanks! I'm definitely going to take some pictures soon.
good luck with getting rid of the cyano... If all else fails chemi clean red slime remover worked out great for me.

xokarmaxo

I just had to come back to this thread to look at the new pics again. Lauren, they are truly amazing, and truly a work of art. The ric pic....
it was between that one and the coco worm/gsp pic for my new background!
Can't wait to see a full tank shot!

You seriously need to look into getting some of your pictures published somewhere. They are coffee table book quality and if you decide one day to get them published, reserve the first copy for me!

demartini

Originally Posted by shogun323
Lauren those pics are out of control!!! You are the greatest ever!!!
hehe thanks buddy!