DeMartini's 8 gallon BioCube

shogun323

Originally Posted by DeMartini
thanks! the 9 gallon came to me all scratched up, so I returned it and bought the biocube. I spend enough on corals! in 3 weeks I have spent about $375!
I was wondering why that thread never took off. You have a great stash to stock that new tank with. Looks like you are well on your way to another 7+ page thread!!!! Rock on Lauren!!!!!! (Oh yeah, you better have watched the office the other night!!!!!)

demartini

Originally Posted by awilson500
Hello Im new to this stuff and looking to get a biocube if I have any questions could you help me?
I'm more than happy to help you!
larryndana- thank you!
wade- thank you! I hardly ever see you on anymore :( ummm... I kinda didn't watch office, but I have decided to rent season one, so I will see it soon! lol What network and time is it on?

bill109

Originally Posted by shogun323
I was wondering why that thread never took off. You have a great stash to stock that new tank with. Looks like you are well on your way to another 7+ page thread!!!! Rock on Lauren!!!!!! (Oh yeah, you better have watched the office the other night!!!!!)
the office is by far the best show ever.
btw demartini. your tank is going to look awesome like your other nano
cant wait to see some pics. :cheer:
-bill109

reefcrazy81

was wondering what fish store u got ur frags from and what price they charg cant wait for ur new tank...........and whats your eamail add if u dont mind if so i understand

anubisxero

Wow. These corals you come across are amazing. I never see anything like this at my LFS. I think something about being in BF illinois might have something to do with it. Back home in cali I used to see gorgeous things all the time. Out here, they're few an far between. That and there aren't any just saltwater stores or just fish stores period.

demartini

Originally Posted by REEFCRAZY81
was wondering what fish store u got ur frags from and what price they charg cant wait for ur new tank...........and whats your eamail add if u dont mind if so i understand
I go to new Alameda aquatics, ultimate aquarium and aquarium concepts. prices are different at each store. I find that New Alameda Aquatics is the most reasonably priced when it comes to corals. Aquarium concepts IMO is the best and most reasonably priced store for beautiful fish. My email is lauren.a.demartini@gmail.com

demartini

Originally Posted by Anubisxero
Wow. These corals you come across are amazing. I never see anything like this at my LFS. I think something about being in BF illinois might have something to do with it. Back home in cali I used to see gorgeous things all the time. Out here, they're few an far between. That and there aren't any just saltwater stores or just fish stores period.
thank you! I guess I'm pretty lucky with the LFS' around here.

demartini

I met this guy that has AWESOME zoas, palythoas, and blastos. His tank has more to pick from than any LFS lol everything he sold me was a steal. I bought all of these for $125! I'm going to add fish before I start adding my frags into my tank, as it has finished cycling and I want the tank to become more stabalized... enjoy these pictures for now!
not sure what this palythoa is going to look like... it's just a baby.

two more polyps of Armor of Gods (my other single polyp just grew another head!)

unknown palythoa

pink zoas

eagle eyes

red people eaters

devil's armor

alien eye blasto colony

anubisxero

Lauren, quick question or if anyone else knows. I'm not sure if you've ever fragged yourself, but I fragged my zoa's like a week ago, and most of them turned out pretty nice. I used just regular superglue to stick em to the rock and like i said most look pretty nice whereas a few have like kind of ballooned up where they still open and look lively but the base looks like a little blimp, is this due to the glue, or something else? =
Jason

shogun323

Originally Posted by DeMartini
wade- thank you! I hardly ever see you on anymore :( ummm... I kinda didn't watch office, but I have decided to rent season one, so I will see it soon! lol What network and time is it on?
I am around still. I just havent been posting quite as much. The aquarium has been full of contraversial threads lately which I try to stay away from.
I can't believe you didnt watch the office!!!
lol It's on immediately after My Name is Earl on NBC.
By the way I LOVE all the new zoos and blastos you picked up. I can't wait to see this tank!!! :happyfish

demartini

Originally Posted by awilson500
what kind of maintains does one of these 12g or 8g tanks take?
Dose the water with calcium and dkh buffer, frequent water changes and top offs.
Originally Posted by Anubisxero
Lauren, quick question or if anyone else knows. I'm not sure if you've ever fragged yourself, but I fragged my zoa's like a week ago, and most of them turned out pretty nice. I used just regular superglue to stick em to the rock and like i said most look pretty nice whereas a few have like kind of ballooned up where they still open and look lively but the base looks like a little blimp, is this due to the glue, or something else? =
Jason
Hi Jason, they are probably just stressed from fragging them... the bulge should go away in time.
Originally Posted by shogun323

I am around still. I just havent been posting quite as much. The aquarium has been full of contraversial threads lately which I try to stay away from.
I can't believe you didnt watch the office!!! lol It's on immediately after My Name is Earl on NBC.
By the way I LOVE all the new zoos and blastos you picked up. I can't wait to see this tank!!!
sorry
I'll watch it, hopefully this week lol.
thank you for the nice comment.

bronco300

those people eaters look great, along with the rest, if you can get more pictures of those people eaters thatd be great!

demartini

Originally Posted by Bronco300
those people eaters look great, along with the rest, if you can get more pictures of those people eaters thatd be great!

thanks! I'll take some more tomorrow... these new people eaters are gorgeous in person.

I

innerdragon103

awww man, i'm ridiculously jealous... those corals are GORGEOUS... i had no idea you could get BLUE polyps.....

demartini

thank you! actually, i think you are referring to the purple palys... those are young, so they are probably going to change their color in a few months.
There are blue zoos, and I will be getting some I think next week. zoos come in all colors!