DeMartini's 8 gallon BioCube

shogun323

Hey Lauren!!! I was worrying about ya. I hadnt seen you in a couple days and your avatar was gone. Good to see ya!! I am ready to see some more pics too!!

I

innerdragon103

hey, quick question:
as far as trace elements and calcium are concerned how much do you put into your tank??? i have a 12g aquapod with:
one maroon clown
one six stripe wrasse
two margarita snails
one hammer coral
one really small star polyps
one really small zoo
coralline algae SEEMS like its havin a rough time growin... i mean it grows but its not beautifully covered like everyone elses, and ive had the tank goin since end of december...

emonemo

Hey Lauren. I just realized your from the bay area. What stores are you going to. I live up north in sonoma Co, but IM ALWAYS in SF visiting folks and friends. Long story short, the stores up here have NOTHING, always "waiting a big shippment" of corals, and as far as fish, its always a few tangs and a xerxes army of damsels...
Ive seen the stuff in your pictures that youve got in your tank, and was wondering where you go?
Maks

volitan_fa

Originally Posted by InnerDragon103
coralline algae SEEMS like its havin a rough time growin... i mean it grows but its not beautifully covered like everyone elses, and ive had the tank goin since end of december...
Coralline algae takes a little while to grow. If your rock didn't come covered with it then it will take months or years for it to be covered with coralline. Just make sure you have strong current, actinic lighting, and proper calcium levels.

larryndana

Originally Posted by InnerDragon103
hey, quick question:
as far as trace elements and calcium are concerned how much do you put into your tank??? i have a 12g aquapod with:
one maroon clown
one six stripe wrasse
two margarita snails
one hammer coral
one really small star polyps
one really small zoo
what kind of salt do you use, what are your cal and alk?

I

innerdragon103

i use LFS saltwater.. and someone's gonna smack me for this but i dont have an alkilinity/calcium tester

demartini

Originally Posted by shogun323
Hey Lauren!!! I was worrying about ya. I hadnt seen you in a couple days and your avatar was gone. Good to see ya!! I am ready to see some more pics too!!
awww, thanks for thinking of me Wade!

demartini

Originally Posted by EmoNemo
Hey Lauren. I just realized your from the bay area. What stores are you going to. I live up north in sonoma Co, but IM ALWAYS in SF visiting folks and friends. Long story short, the stores up here have NOTHING, always "waiting a big shippment" of corals, and as far as fish, its always a few tangs and a xerxes army of damsels...
Ive seen the stuff in your pictures that youve got in your tank, and was wondering where you go?
Maks
I live in San Mateo. I don't go to any fish store in SF, but I did hear about a LFS called sixth avenue and it's located on sixth avenue haha they supposedly get some nice stuff and they are really cheap. Another guy on here told me about a really good one that's located on Lombard Street.
I go to Ultimate aquarium in San Mateo, New alameda aquatics in Alameda, the lucky goldfish in Alameda, and Atlantis aquarium has some really nice things, but they are waaay overpriced. Most of my zoos are from a guy I met around your area... I think he lives in Santa Rosa.

demartini

Originally Posted by autofreak44
more picks! more picks! i love your tank :cheer:
thank you! I will take some tomorrow

marinfire1

for the bay area fish stores...DO NOT GO TO 6th ave in SF coral is $18 but it almost all dies and there fish are cheap but not taken care of well at all just go in there on a sunday when they have there "sale" they float bags on the water with fish and some are dead its just really bad....cheap but it shows in the fishes health i bought some along time ago and nothing lived
.. for parts and stuff its great tho cuz they still have very cheap prices on parts...northbay aqutics right off 101 and 116 in ronart park/sebasitpol is good high prices but some nice stuff...the place on lombard in SF is called
fish, fish and more fish....just saltwater fish and corals very nice owners
...get nice shipments in google it as fish,fish and more fish they have a website...where else in the northbay do u go? cerzers fish palce in santa rosa? very been there anyone else been there? ***)

shogun323

Originally Posted by DeMartini
awww, thanks for thinking of me Wade!
No Problemo. You can repay me by posting some new pics!!!!! LOL

demartini

it's been a while since I've updated.

you can see my baby toadstool leather in this picture... it's going to be awesome when it gets bigger... it has neon green polyps.