DeMartini's 8 gallon BioCube

ocean's13

Sup guys i'm new here
and new to the saltwater hobby also, but i been reading a lot
i just wanna say how wonderful your 8g biocube coming out DeMartini
.....that make going to get one soon.....

ocean's13

and also i have a lot question....how much lbs of LR you got in that 8g and do you know what kind LR is that nice purple! there....and how deep is your sand bed and what kind LS is it and gain sizes....thanks in advances

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I live in San Mateo. I don't go to any fish store in SF, but I did hear about a LFS called sixth avenue and it's located on sixth avenue haha they supposedly get some nice stuff and they are really cheap. Another guy on here told me about a really good one that's located on Lombard Street.
I go to Ultimate aquarium in San Mateo, New alameda aquatics in Alameda, the lucky goldfish in Alameda, and Atlantis aquarium has some really nice things, but they are waaay overpriced. Most of my zoos are from a guy I met around your area... I think he lives in Santa Rosa.

Another new place that I spend a lot of time at is called Aquarium Concepts. It's out in Dublin right by Target. Family owned but its huge and they have a large selection of fresh and salt water supplies, corals, fish, ect. Everyone there is really friendly and helpful.

demartini

Originally Posted by cjason3041
what kind of goby is that???
It's a yasha goby. Hes also paired up with a pistol shrimp but the shrimp doesn't come out too often.

demartini

Originally Posted by Freeborder_01
Another new place that I spend a lot of time at is called Aquarium Concepts. It's out in Dublin right by Target. Family owned but its huge and they have a large selection of fresh and salt water supplies, corals, fish, ect. Everyone there is really friendly and helpful.
I haven't been to the new one yet, but I used to go there all the time when they were in Hayward.

larryndana

how do you like your 'hydor flo deflector' thingy? i tested one and it seemed to take half the flow away, what do you think?

R

rattler739

will that yellow gorgonian get to big for that tank? I have a 14g biocube and was thinking about getting one but wasnt sure were to get one and if they would be ok in a 14g
but I need to fix my nitrates first, cant seem to get them down. Any help on either is very much appreciated
thanks

demartini

Originally Posted by larryndana
how do you like your 'hydor flo deflector' thingy? i tested one and it seemed to take half the flow away, what do you think?
Actually I dont like it very much, I'm thinking about taking it out and adding a second pump.

demartini

Originally Posted by fisherkid91
really awesome tank! what is the name of the coral behind the toadstool?
Its a head of frogspawn that I fraged from my 14g.

demartini

Originally Posted by rattler739
will that yellow gorgonian get to big for that tank? I have a 14g biocube and was thinking about getting one but wasnt sure were to get one and if they would be ok in a 14g
but I need to fix my nitrates first, cant seem to get them down. Any help on either is very much appreciated
thanks
Im sure the gorgonian will eventually out grow a 14g, but it will take a long time to grow that big. If it ever does you could always frag it.

larryndana

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Actually I dont like it very much, I'm thinking about taking it out and adding a second pump.
i like the way it moves water around. I may plan to use mine, but i will double or triple the flow to compensate for it. When i tested, i put it on and took it off and it took at least half the power of the flow away when it was on. oh well.