DeMartini's Bonsai Inspired Reef

florida joe

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3192978
Schefflera on acid!

not even close to schefflera
The Scheffelera Plant is a dark green house plant that prefers high light. The Scheffelera Plant is easy to care for if you have the right light. A Scheffelera Plant does not need nor does it like direct sun shinning on it constantly, it prefers bright diffuse light. The Scheffelera Plant will become a hardy addition to any home or office. As with all tropical house plants that are kept indoors, do not let the Scheffelera Plant sit in standing water.

spanko

Sure looks like one, the branches are the same color, the leaf structure looks the same. So what is this plant Joe?

reef_dart21

I recently made a rock wall and pillars with a foam and they turned out great hears is what you need. If interested post a reply and i will type a forum for you that explains everything step by step (even have pictures)
Eggcrate
pop bottles
dry lace rock
3/4" heavy duty wire
4 cans of Touch n Foam (for ponds)
Bob smiths epoxy resin
crushed coral
argonite sand
seashells, and etc

demartini

Since this is my first time plumbing a tank, I don't really know what I'm doing, but I took a stab at it and this is what I came up with. I still need to get some parts to connect the return line to the pump.

Is this ok? Any suggestions?

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/3196906
Since this is my first time plumbing a tank, I don't really know what I'm doing, but I took a stab at it and this is what I came up with. I still need to get some parts to connect the return line to the pump.

Is this ok? Any suggestions?
Looks good. Generally, it is suggested to use 45's instesd of 90's as they say 90's can restrict the flow a little, but you should be alright with this. I would highly recommend adding a ball valve, on each, so you can control the flow.
Looking forward to your progress. I'm sure it will be a georgous tank!

heide264

How many gph is that pump? Looks pretty big. Weird question, I know. I have issues with my 10g sump because it's not big enough to handle the on off surges so I had to restrict the flow a lot =(. Yours looks much nicer though and more functional; mine is just a 10g tank with baffles siliconed in so i can grow some macros.

demartini

Originally Posted by Heide264
http:///forum/post/3197401
How many gph is that pump? Looks pretty big. Weird question, I know. I have issues with my 10g sump because it's not big enough to handle the on off surges so I had to restrict the flow a lot =(. Yours looks much nicer though and more functional; mine is just a 10g tank with baffles siliconed in so i can grow some macros.
I think the pump is rated for 1000 gph. I did add a ball valve on both sides to control the flow.

gill again68

I read the other day that a guy, and probably many others, have controlled the "excess" flow of their pumps by diverting some of the flow back to the return section of the sump. They did this wit a T fitting and ball valves. I can tell you that a ball valve after the pump return will cause back pressure and kill the pump over time. I have mine set up this way now but I am installing a new sump this weekend and will redo my return line to send some of the flow back to my return section. The ball valve on the down pipe is just a bad idea all together. Dont get that right and its water on the floor for sure.
Really liking your tank. Cant wait for more updates.

dingus890

Can't wait to see what you do with this tank. Just got done seeing all your other threads of your older nano tanks. WOW! Breath taking tanks! Fantastic job!

coral keeper

You might want to put some black acrylic sheets where i put the 2 red lines so algae wont grow all over the skimmer and pumps, just a thought.