Do you believe in evolution?

ophiura

Originally Posted by Ernie
There are no two-celled creatures on our planet. Doesn't that little fact bother you evolutionists??
After 20+ pages of sometimes odd comments, I have to put this in the top 10. I have no clue whatsoever what this means, which means no, it does not bother me in the slightest.

geridoc

Originally Posted by ophiura
After 20+ pages of sometimes odd comments, I have to put this in the top 10. I have no clue whatsoever what this means, which means no, it does not bother me in the slightest.
I suspect that the writer thinks of a 2-celled organism as an intermediate form between a unicellular critter and a 3-celled beast. Which proves only that lots of people haven't a clue what the theory they hate so much actually says.

ophiura

Yes, I googled it and came up with several sites that claim this is part of the "proof" that evolution does not exist...another absent "missing link" that everyone seeks.

skipperdz

Originally Posted by Ernie
There are no two-celled creatures on our planet. Doesn't that little fact bother you evolutionists??
you have unicellular organisms, and multicellular organisms. multicellular organisms function together as a single independant organism, as well as colonies. The wonders of biology

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
I did not bother to listen to the debate since it appeared to be about the existence of God and not a debate over young earth creationism and evolution. Also I was busy all day and wouldn't have had the time anyway. Did you see it? What was it about?
they did discuse evolution dawkins believes in this. i guess either knowone listened or did listen and because all of dawkins theorys were torn apart knowone wants to discuss it

jerthunter

Originally Posted by reefreak29
they did discuse evolution dawkins believes in this. i guess either knowone listened or did listen and because all of dawkins theorys were torn apart knowone wants to discuss it
So the other guy was an young earth creationist and he completely proved evolution wrong? I would like to know since I was unable to listen and was under the impression from the information put out concerning it that it was about the existence of God and not a debate on evolution.

reefreak29

So the other guy was an young earth creationist and he completely proved evolution wrong? I would like to know since I was unable to listen and was under the impression from the information put out concerning it that it was about the existence of God and not a debate on evolution.
yeh pretty much

jerthunter

yeh pretty much
Care to share any of the points. Of course I will not ask you to repeat the whole debate, I am sure I can find it online if I want to know the whole thing. I am just interested in what the major points he used to prove that evolution does not happen and that the earth is only 6000 years old.

reefreak29

Care to share any of the points. Of course I will not ask you to repeat the whole debate, I am sure I can find it online if I want to know the whole thing. I am just interested in what the major points he used to prove that evolution does not happen and that the earth is only 6000 years old.
you need to listen to it im sure i would just mess it up

jerthunter

you need to listen to it im sure i would just mess it up
fair enough. You will need to give me sometime. But I have a long weekend so I am sure I can make time. I hope it has some good points, I really like hearing valid well thought out arguements.

geridoc

fair enough. You will need to give me sometime. But I have a long weekend so I am sure I can make time. I hope it has some good points, I really like hearing valid well thought out arguements.
If I understand the Fixed Point web site correctly, CD's won't be available until late November. Too bad, but it isn't likely that a YEC representative would add anything new that hasn't already been debunked. Dawkins, on the other hand, was probably brilliant, annoying to the point of inflammatory, and probably didn't add anything new either.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by GeriDoc
If I understand the Fixed Point web site correctly, CD's won't be available until late November. Too bad, but it isn't likely that a YEC representative would add anything new that hasn't already been debunked. Dawkins, on the other hand, was probably brilliant, annoying to the point of inflammatory, and probably didn't add anything new either.

I found a place that has it on mp3. I'll post the link. I am just listening to the introductions right now.
http://www.bringyou.to/DawkinsLennoxDebate.mp3

jerthunter

Well I have atleast 90 minutes to listen to this, so if anyone wants to respond to one of the questions I posed a few replies back I'd appreciate it. Although I pride myself on being able to sit through extremely boring talks but I would love to have something else to entertain myself.

jerthunter

I apologize for posting again so soon, but I have been listening to the debate for almost 50 minutes now and I have yet to hear Lennox disprove anything about evolution, in fact he hasn't tried. If anyone out there heard the debate perhaps they could point me to when the evolution debate starts so I can save time. As I have mentioned before I am not really interested in a debate on the existence of God since I have explored this debate on my own previously and have yet to hear any new information on the subject.

jerthunter

yeh pretty much
Ok, I must ask you. Did you even listen to the debate? The debate was about God or no god. Lennox did not at any point argue against evolution. So I must ask, why did you claim it did? I asked specifically if it Lennox was a young earth creationist who disproved evolution and you said, "yeh pretty much", yet he didn't even make an attempt. The debate was about God or no God.
I find myself slightly irritated. I had reasons to not want to listen to a debate on the existence of God so I asked if it was about evolution and I was told it was. That is just mean, I spent over and hour and a half listening to Dawkins, whose voice reminds me of my brothers, which is not fun for me.
So why? Why did you tell me it was about evolution? Did you even listen yourself or did you just hope noone would call you on it.

darknes

Ok, I must ask you. Did you even listen to the debate? The debate was about God or no god. Lennox did not at any point argue against evolution. So I must ask, why did you claim it did? I asked specifically if it Lennox was a young earth creationist who disproved evolution and you said, "yeh pretty much", yet he didn't even make an attempt. The debate was about God or no God.
I find myself slightly irritated. I had reasons to not want to listen to a debate on the existence of God so I asked if it was about evolution and I was told it was. That is just mean, I spent over and hour and a half listening to Dawkins, whose voice reminds me of my brothers, which is not fun for me.
So why? Why did you tell me it was about evolution? Did you even listen yourself or did you just hope noone would call you on it.
Sorry to hear that.
I was actually going to listen to it myself, but since there's no evolution debate, I'm not really interested.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Darknes
Sorry to hear that.
I was actually going to listen to it myself, but since there's no evolution debate, I'm not really interested.
Well you can still listen. I won't say that it was bad, although it was a debate I was no interested in.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
LOL.... This thread turned into a creepy self loathing place huh? Strange...
Sure, if you say so.

ophiura

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
LOL.... This thread turned into a creepy self loathing place huh? Strange...

Huh?
Jer - thanks for doing that, but I would be exceedingly disappointed. You saved the rest of us from the same fate, if you can take nothing else to heart