Does anyone have Electric Blue mushrooms?

smoney

Originally Posted by Farmboy
Hello Shroom lovers!
I'm actually borrowing a PC to post right now. . .But soon I'll be able to email you all to set up some trades. Smoney-I won't sell them to ya but we can trade something else if you are just getting started.

Hey Farmboy, Yeah the only reason I said I would pay for it is because I really just got started turning my tank into a reef tank. I guess if you want I could trade for some of my mushroom poylps, I think they are just regular mushrooms dont know what kind? their are pics of them below.

kdfrosty

No problem Frosty,
And now because of the "thermos" method you pointed us to, I get to tell everyone about my well traveled stripey from Albuquerue!
Interesting how the color is different under your lighting. .
The thermos method is great. In fact I just helped organize a frag swap where 20 people traded using that same exact method. On the other hand, I just received a frag from a trade (not the frag swap) that didnt make it because of improper packaging. If it's packaged well it works great.
I love the stripey shrooms. I picked them up at an LFS for $40 for a colony of 8 or 10. Over 8 months time they have almost doubled in numbers. When they are still small they actually look bright purple with faint green stripes. Pretty cool.

kdfrosty

The shrooms Farmboy provided me are VERY close to the same species pictured above (right) in Smoney's post.
Just curious, SMoney, what kinda lighting are those under?

smoney

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
The shrooms Farmboy provided me are VERY close to the same species pictured above (right) in Smoney's post.
Just curious, SMoney, what kinda lighting are those under?
Are they the same as those ones?(I was really looking for electric blue) I dont want to brag, but I just set up those lights last night and my mushrooms are blooming so much, those are under a 192 watt retrofit. I'm so happy. :jumping:
hmmm... KDFrosty could you post a pic of yours so i could see?

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by SMoney
Are they the same as those ones?(I was really looking for electric blue) I dont want to brag, but I just set up those lights last night and my mushrooms are blooming so much, those are under a 192 watt retrofit. I'm so happy. :jumping:
hmmm... KDFrosty could you post a pic of yours so i could see?
I just got home from work and took a pic....sorry, my camera sucks. Here is one blue shroom I got from Farmboy. This pic was taken under a 400w 15000K XM halide bulb supplemented with 110w actinics and 110w 50/50 in a 50g tank..

smoney

That looks more blue than mine, that looks like true blue, mine are more of a greenish purplish tint.

kdfrosty

I'm telling you....this shroom looked almost like yours before the lighting upgrade. If you look closely you can still see hints of purple.

smoney

Well, Your probably right, but just to play it safe, lets see what farmboy and snowcrab say?
Hey farmboy and snowcrab, are you interested in trading some?

farmboy

Lighting apparently makes the difference in the color.
Mine are under 160 watts of N.O. flourescent--80watt actinic and 80 watt 10k.
Frosty has bunches more light and a different spectrum than me (and Snowcrab).
Like I said, I will swap with ya Smoney--Look for an email tomarrow. Just got the PC online. . .

I can send you some pics of the ones I can trade and you can decide. Frosty's lighting made them look VERY blue-they look purple under my lights. (Just for some reference--the snail shell that his shroom is on has some coraline on it that looked the same color in my tank. Pinkish purple)
Oh Oh -- this is what I looked like trying to get my PC fixed-->

smoney

Yeah, its cool farmboy, I want to trade, but look for a response on monday cuz im going to san diego over the weekend.

snowcrab

Dang... I have to get better lights!!!!! im off work sat and sunday and ill get with farmboy and we will work sothing out for you guys. i was getting ready to take about 10 rocks to the lfs ill holdoff till we all get sothing worked out. :jumping: email is wdloft@yahoo.com I have a busy schedule so i dont get on but about 2 times a week.

kdfrosty

(Just for some reference--the snail shell that his shroom is on has some coraline on it that looked the same color in my tank. Pinkish purple)
That snail is from your tank. lol. You sent me that shroom attached to it. I wish my new shrooms grew that big already!

farmboy

I thought that shell looked familiar!! :thinking:
I was just pointing out that the light in your tank didn't make things LOOK different
It actually MADE the shroom that blue color--very cool!

Everyone can recognize that color on the shell.
Keep up the good work, Frosty.

tamsam

i really dont have anything to trade, as i am still a neebie. could you pleeeze sell me some of those mushrooms??????

farmboy

Tamsam,
Between Crabby and me, we could take care of quite a few trades. I'll put you on the list. I think there are 2 or three ahead of you, but don't worry - these shrooms are prolific!
:joy: