Does this list look ok for fish ideas

lmforbis

Snowflake eels will eat any shrimp you put in the tank maybe crabs too. They aren't naturally fish eaters so might be fine in a reef as long as you keep it well fed. I fed mine frozen krill every day. He shared the tank with a blue damsel and a clarkii clown. He never bothered them. He got to about 2 feet then he found a tiny hole and escaped in the middle of the night.
Not sure how the trigger will do I've never had one.
Most angels aren't reef safe.

flower

If you're trying to send the picture from a computer, right click on the picture and choose "Open with Paint". Click the resize button a the top/left. It depends on the size of the original picture, as to how much it needs to be resized. It may take a few tries, but the object is to get the picture to 1mb or less. Anything bigger will not upload. If using a cell phone, send the picture to your own phone in a message. It will automatically resize it. Use this picture to upload to this site... ;)
I will have to try that! Thanks

Dangerfish, This is a 75g tank???
Figure two good sized fish, and maybe two small guys.... EXAMPLE: Foxface, Humu, dwarf angel....... and maybe a goby, or two clowns, or a basselt or Royal Gramma.
Humu is okay for the 75g but it grows to be almost 10 inches. The big problem with them are that they eat the CUC, so maybe an urchin later on, to keep algae down.
ONLY 1 angelfish per tank, you listed 3, so pick only 1.
Wrasse are known jumpers. You will have to cover the tank with a mesh of some sort...NOT GLASS.
Foxface is okay.
I'm not sure about the eel, I never kept one. nor have I ever had a trigger, so I don't know if it will eat the smaller fish.

dangerfish

Ok so does this look ok for my fish now

One spot fox face
Snowflake Eel
Flame angel
Blue Spotted Puffer
Pinkface Wrasse
Humu Picasso Triggerfish

also were could I buy the mesh top

dangerfish

and also what tank size should a porcupine puffer have because i was thinking of replacing it with the blue spotted puffer

lmforbis

Bulk Reef Supply sells the parts to build your own custom mesh top. I believe they have a how to video on it as well at BRSTV.

pegasus

I will have to try that! Thanks

Dangerfish, This is a 75g tank???
Figure two good sized fish, and maybe two small guys.... EXAMPLE: Foxface, Humu, dwarf angel....... and maybe a goby, or two clowns, or a basselt or Royal Gramma.
Humu is okay for the 75g but it grows to be almost 10 inches. The big problem with them are that they eat the CUC, so maybe an urchin later on, to keep algae down.
ONLY 1 angelfish per tank, you listed 3, so pick only 1.
Wrasse are known jumpers. You will have to cover the tank with a mesh of some sort...NOT GLASS.
Foxface is okay.
I'm not sure about the eel, I never kept one. nor have I ever had a trigger, so I don't know if it will eat the smaller fish.
You're welcome. Let me add a little tip that makes it easier to get through the process. After opening in Paint and resizing it, click the blue tab in the top left corner, click on Save As/JPEG. Another window will pop up asking you to name it. It will have the original name highlighted in the File Name slot, but don't choose that as it will replace the original. Not good if you have to redo it, so click in the white area behind the name of the original picture, and add a letter. I always use "a". Save it, and close Paint. The folder that the original picture is located in will be on the screen, and the newly resized photo will be beside it. Left click once on the resized picture, and look at the bottom of the screen. It should tell you the size of the picture. If it's 1 mb or less, this is the photo you want to use. If it's larger than 1 mb, delete it and start the process over, using a smaller number in the Resize/By/Horizontal box. You only have to enter numbers in the first box, and Paint will automatically adjust the second box. After you do this a few times, it gets easier, because you start to learn how much a picture needs to be resized just by looking at the original picture size. For instance: a 3.56 mb picture can be resized by 50%, and it will be less than 1 mb once it's saved. I know... the math doesn't match up, but that's just the way it is. Even a 6 mb picture resized to 40% is less than 1 mb. Crazy, I know... but I guess that's why I understand it. LOL!!!

If you want a predator tank with any significant number of fish, you should think about investing in a 200 gallon or larger tank. Aggressive fish are not the same as schooling fish, so they need lots of space. Like I've said before... you can put a 6' great white in a 6' tank, but he's not going to be happy.

Last edited:

flower

plus would a Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse do good in my tank I want
The cleaner wrasse eats parasites off of the other fish, then dies of starvation. Aggressive fish and dusters...it depends on what fish. Some fish eat duster worms and other inverts. You have to research each fish and find out it's needs, and if it will make a good fit in your tank. Get the book I recommended, it will tell you everything about that fish, even the size tank it needs. I'm now able to post a page from that book, thanks to Pegasus!.... So you can see the info the book offers.

BOOK 006.jbg.png

flower

plus is there a fish that could go with aggresive fish and also eats parasites and wont starve
LOL...Sweetie, why not concentrate on making sure your new pets are parasite free, via the use of a quarantine tank. If you want a parasite eating critter, cleaner shrimp are pretty cool...but aggressive fish usually like to eat them.

lmforbis

And cleaner fish won't help ich. @flower Is right the only way is rigorous quarantine protocols. No fish goes into the tank unless it is disease free.