don't skip this sump thread

mrinelfrlz

Originally Posted by TurningTim
Whats the magic word?

J/K
This is very rough! I don't have the dimensions for your tanks and I have not run the numbers for flow, back-siphon blah,blah,blah. But this should give you some idea. It's very close to what you already had........
What size is the OF and what are you planning to run though the sump? Everything must work together for a proper system. So all sizes must be know. Once you figuire what you have then you can go from there and make it the best you can......
HTH
Tim
ok im very new at this and was wondering because it seems that you help people with sump plans which i really need all the help i can get
ok i have a 75 gal wanting to change over to a reef and everyones been telling me to go with a sump i started a thread just not alot of help just yet and came across this thread
if you can can you check out my thread and possibly give a new guy some help
pretty please

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/272170/thinking-about-taking-the-plunge

stdreb27

So after ripping apart my bottom tank 3 times, changing pumps twice, I finally have the system set up and going! It actually works.

turningtim

Holy smokes dude I thought you fell off the earth or something! Where are the pics!
3 times only boy you got lucky.......
Tim

stdreb27

No, I've been trying, I graduated from school since then, been hunting for a real job, and all that, so I hadn't been able to really focus on it that much, i got the bottom tank drilled. Then when I was putting in the stand, cracked it. So I had to patch it, it has been one thing after another. I'll do pics later this week, I left it running while I'm at work, I hope when I get home there isn't water all over the place.