Duncan growth...?

spiderwoman

Gotcha! All of the corals did come in great condition, the coloration just isnt even near what the photos showed. I kind of knew that would happen so I'm just happy that all of them are very healthy.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2598918
Gotcha! All of the corals did come in great condition, the coloration just isnt even near what the photos showed. I kind of knew that would happen so I'm just happy that all of them are very healthy.
Oh thats good then. Maybe he's getting the shipping right....now.

reefkprz

well when I got my duncan (what 5-6 months ago) it was one head with two baby buds starting but no tentackles on the babies and today it... well look
I had to aggrivate the biggest head a little so you could see the babies underneath and they wrap all the way around the head, I can't get pictures of the ones in the back but dang there is a lot of new heads growing.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2598931
Oh thats good then. Maybe he's getting the shipping right....now.
I've received an order from the same person. It took about two weeks to give in to the $98 shipping charge (after much delegation) they tagged on

Overall, I would say they're pretty good with their products (given you know under exactly what lighting the pics are being taken), but shipping charges and customer service are less-than-stellar - euphemistically-speaking.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/2599515
I've received an order from the same person. It took about two weeks to give in to the $98 shipping charge (after much delegation) they tagged on

I take it you ordered more than 1 item? For me the shipping was $20 + additional $5 for each extra item.

grabbitt

http:///forum/post/2599565
I take it you ordered more than 1 item? For me the shipping was $20 + additional $5 for each extra item.
Yes I did. There was also the understanding that they would ship any way you wish. However, when I told them I wanted USPS, they said no. Even after I told them they did not have to guarantee any sort of live arrival if the package arrived late from USPS, they refused. Apparently 'ANY WAY YOU WANT' is UPS exclusively

They claim to not make any profit on shipping, but from what I figured from the package weight once I received it and the service by which it was shipped, I noticed they charged me about 30 bucks extra

Oh well, I got my stuff and learned my lesson...

spiderwoman

Did you see they now list a *blue* Duncan. I won't believe that until I see someone actually having it look blue under *normal* lights and no PhotoShopping.

jhuggins

shoot shoot shoot,
I just bought four heads off of that guy. I knew it was to good to be true. Your pictures look the same as the ones I already have. oh well. You live you learn!

A

augustwest

GRabbit -
The food that you use - is it frozen from the lfs or somthing different? Also, what kind of lighting do you have them under and how far away. I have a duncan on the end of my tank so that it only gets the CF lighting. I'm very tempted to move it to the middle to get it under the 175 MH. My tank is only 20" deep so I don't want to fry it, but I would like to to start getting some more heads.
Thanks for any info!!

grabbitt

Duncans aren't highly dependent on lighting, hence why they respond so well to feeding. They're under 14K 150w MH towards the top on my frag rack, but they're off to the side getting indirect light. I just use bits of frozen krill to get mine growing. Buy it from the LFS, take it home, cut it up, thaw it in some sw from the tank and drop it into its tentacles after about 15 minutes.
Originally Posted by AugustWest
http:///forum/post/2600000
GRabbit -
The food that you use - is it frozen from the lfs or somthing different? Also, what kind of lighting do you have them under and how far away. I have a duncan on the end of my tank so that it only gets the CF lighting. I'm very tempted to move it to the middle to get it under the 175 MH. My tank is only 20" deep so I don't want to fry it, but I would like to to start getting some more heads.
Thanks for any info!!

sharkbait9

http:///forum/post/2599808
Did you see they now list a *blue* Duncan. I won't believe that until I see someone actually having it look blue under *normal* lights and no PhotoShopping.
Sonny likes to play on words and use high k bulbs but won't tell you that the frags are under higher 5 bulbs.
Sux for him since paypal reimbursed me my money for all the coral, not just the one that died.
He changed his story three or 4 times to paypal. Every time they sent me a question I sent back my emails that I had between the two of us with a follow up.
Sad thing is some of his acans are really nice looking. The only acan “cherry bomb” looks really hot under my lights and is growing really fast. I’m just afraid of what I might get (hitchhikers) on a nice frag.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by Airforceman
http:///forum/post/2601701
Saw about 20 heads of Aussie Duncans at the LFS the other day. $699 for the whole thing!!!
Is that normal?
Considering going rate tends to be 20-25 per head, no; That's not normal. That's insane (by a few hundred dollars).

staci

I bought 2 heads of duncans, and do feed them mysis regularly and they are growing like crazy. they are the same ones that digitydash has. I have noticed however that on mine the tenticles are starting to turn slightly brown, wonder if they are getting to much light. we have ALOT of light in our tank, and I had them say 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the rockwork. So that might be a consideration when placing them, we moved them last night off to the side on some of the bottom rocks of the tank. I do have to say out of the few frags we have in our aquarium I love the duncans the most!

K

kat74

Wow! I had nooo idea how fast duncan's grow! I bought 2 heads about 3-4 weeks ago and today while I was feeding, the flow moved the tentacles of the mother heads out of the way and there were several babies growing all around it!
It was hard to get a pic of the babies, but you can kinda see them in the pics below.

My 2 original heads

I feed them every other day. They get a mixture of krill, brine plus and mysis along with the addition of Phyto Feast and Roti Feast. They are voracious eaters and will catch and hold onto anything that floats by, even pellets!

They're going for $11.50/head down here.

spiderwoman

What I've noticed is that different Duncan's grow at different pace. ORA dark Duncan's are by far the fastest growing. I guess because they are tank bred they are used to the *climate*. By far my slowest growing is bright green one that I bought a few months ago from LFS, it's finally showing 2 tiny babies on it's side. Also it's head is also the smallest. The 3 head Duncan I got from Viper is the prettiest and largest (ORA Duncan) and darkest in color. Aussie Duncan that I got from Mr Coral has the most babies right now and I've only had it for 3 weeks or so.