Earthquake!

dragonzim

We just felt the aftershocks from the quake that hit in Virginia. Being a North-easterner, this is the first time I have EVER felt one. I have friends as far north as Burlington, VT that felt it too.

slice

We felt the first one here in Durham NC, wife felt it at home in Cary NC (middle of the state).

btldreef

I thought I had bad food for lunch at first!!!! Lol
First one I've ever experienced here on Long Island

btldreef

There are a few people in NY I wish it would have swallowed up

:rotfl: is it wrong that I said the sane thing about certain "family" I have in VA? Lol

darthtang aw

You guys are all very mean. I don't know if we can hang out anymore.
Darth (is this where you want to be when Jesus comes) Tang

E

eric b 125

i didnt feel it here in the city of steel, but certain parts of the city did get hit and were evacuated. i was just glad to come home to a dry floor.

scott t

I didnt feel anything here where I am in NY, but other areas did. My Aunt and Uncle that I go to visit in Louisa, VA live 4 Miles from the Epicenter of it. They felt it and sustained damage to stuff in the house. Lots of things got broken, when it fell out of the cupboard and closets, she said it was bad there. The crappy thing is that when they called their house insurance company they said they do not have a rider for earthquakes on the policy so there is nothing they can do. I am just glad that they are ok.

travelerjp98

I was driving when it happened and listening to the news here in S.E. Pennsylvania. I didn't believe it when they talked about an earthquake but Local business around me were saying that they were scared that the glass display cases were going to smash on the ground because they were swaying back and forth so hard.. I didn't even feel it in the car..

gemmy

I was at work when it happened. It was weird. All of a sudden, I saw the aisles swaying and felt the ground move. My sister lives in Virginia and luckily there was only minor damage. There was a 4.2 aftershock this evening.