Eye Candy for Zoanthid Lovers

wax32

Well, it depends. Overnight fedex seems to be between 40-50 dollars for me, but it depends on where it is being shipped from and shipped to. You order a few at once so the shipping isn't such a big hit.

bronco300

40-50?!?! good night that is insaneeeeee...i usually get it from my person for about 23...but they are not too far away...but if you get it from a site they usually over a flat rate...or see if your local store will order it for you....mine that i just got cost me 19$ or less....but you can also get 2-3day shipping, but more of a risk.

milomlo

Yeah shipping is the main reason I haven't ordered any. Shipping is just NUTS.
That is why I want Wax to frag me some when they get big....LOL (wishful thinking on my part)

wax32

I did the 2-3 day shipping and those zoanthids have taken a LONG time to start acting normal. The overnighted ones always do awesome.

bronco300

lol, well we'll just go ransack him sometime milom

I dont like to 2/3day either, it took not much time, but my box came crushed, leaking...and my zoos died. :mad: so no more of that stuff for me....and if you can find a place within a state or so theyll usually come down in shipping.
luke

wax32

Here is an actinic picture, I had to monkey with it in photoshop just to get it to look close to real life:

It actually looks way cooler than this.

bronco300

orrr, maybe it could be that blue is a overpowering color compared to others...so the blue takes its place, or reflects into those parts... :thinking:

wax32

Yeah the blue is wacky. I can't figure out how to adjust for it. No matter the white balance setting I use I can't get the colors nice.

fishychick

Wow. I am old at fish but new with corals... Just got my first zoos today and thought they were nice till I saw yours. How many hours of day do you light them?

wax32

Originally Posted by Bronco300
wow, thats an awesome picture, very nice...better watch it or he'll get ya

He did get me, right before this picture... I had three of them in the palm of my hand and was trying to take a picture and they started pinching me.

wax32

Originally Posted by Ohioguy06
Hey wax what kinda hermits are those outta curiosity? awesome corals by the way!
Thanks, they are Calcinus elegans: Blue Knuckled, aka Electric Blue, aka Hawaiian Blue Knuckled, etc.