Fast and furious/Gun Walker

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker/20#post_3426098
Podunk? Aurora is part of the Denver metro area, population 2.5 million thank you very much
When someone gets charged using their gun to protect themselves or their property yes, the internet both pro and anti gun goes nuts as in the case with the feller that whacked the illegals coming out of his neighbor's house
Thta's why you never see any gun crime, the altitude makes the people too loopy.

reefraff

There's crime, just not much in the part of the metro area I live in. North part of this city has a lot of crime, it's up by Denver. I make it a point to throw a gun in the car when I have to go up there.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker/40#post_3426236
There's crime, just not much in the part of the metro area I live in. North part of this city has a lot of crime, it's up by Denver. I make it a point to throw a gun in the car when I have to go up there.
I've been in some pretty seedy neighborhoods in my time. But I've never contemplated carrying a firearm with me if I had to go into them. I just learn to get a better understanding of my surroundings, and know when's the best time to go to an "unfriendly" area if I absolutely have to go there. You don't go roaming around on our East Side, South Side, or parts of downtown after dark. It's just plain common sense. In the majority of situations were your confronted with the possibility of using a firearm, you rarely have the time to react and draw your weapon before an assailant does the same In most cases, the assailant has the element of surprise. They're not just going to walk towards you with a gun in the air saying "Hello! I'm about to point this gun at your head and ask you for all you're valubles!" They'll get as close as possible, then draw the gun, knife, or whatever wepon they have on them at the time. If you don't have the time to react and draw your weapon, it's possible the assailant will get it from you during a scuffle. Then what? Most likely he'll just shoot you with your own gun just to prove a point. In a tense situation like an attack or other confrontation with an assailant, I'd say 80% of those carrying a legal weapon don't have the cahones to actually go forward with using the weapon if they have the opportunity to do so. It's one thing to say "Oh yeah, I'd pull my gun out a shoot the a-hole if that's what I'd have to do.", and actually have the mental fortitude to go through with it.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker/40#post_3426276
I've been in some pretty seedy neighborhoods in my time. But I've never contemplated carrying a firearm with me if I had to go into them. I just learn to get a better understanding of my surroundings, and know when's the best time to go to an "unfriendly" area if I absolutely have to go there. You don't go roaming around on our East Side, South Side, or parts of downtown after dark. It's just plain common sense. In the majority of situations were your confronted with the possibility of using a firearm, you rarely have the time to react and draw your weapon before an assailant does the same In most cases, the assailant has the element of surprise. They're not just going to walk towards you with a gun in the air saying "Hello! I'm about to point this gun at your head and ask you for all you're valubles!" They'll get as close as possible, then draw the gun, knife, or whatever wepon they have on them at the time. If you don't have the time to react and draw your weapon, it's possible the assailant will get it from you during a scuffle. Then what? Most likely he'll just shoot you with your own gun just to prove a point. In a tense situation like an attack or other confrontation with an assailant, I'd say 80% of those carrying a legal weapon don't have the cahones to actually go forward with using the weapon if they have the opportunity to do so. It's one thing to say "Oh yeah, I'd pull my gun out a shoot the a-hole if that's what I'd have to do.", and actually have the mental fortitude to go through with it.
I'd rather have it, with the option to pull it conditions allowed than submit to being a victim. I don't assume I'd pull it but my theory and gut feeling is don't show it if you don't intend to use it so. There are plenty of carjackings in good areas too so being aware of your surroundings doesn't really mean squat in the bigger picture. Yeah, I'm not going to use an ATM if there are a dozen gang bangers hanging around but you never know where crap might come down. When the odds are higher I take precautions.

mantisman51

And that's where it all comes to for liberals; "we can't have shoot outs in public". Make sure all victims of violent crimes are docile and compliant. Can't have a victim taking away the rights of the criminal by "taking the law in their own hands" can we?

stdreb27

oops
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/13/obama_spoke_about_fast__furious_before_holder_claimed_he_knew.html

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker/40#post_3426298
oops
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/13/obama_spoke_about_fast__furious_before_holder_claimed_he_knew.html
I told you this thing would go all the way to the Messiah. But let's be realistic. The Republicans will huff and puff and there will be all kinds of proof that Holder, Obama and the ATF were forcing gun store owners to sell these guns to cartel buyers while trying to set up the gun store owners. There will be proof that all kinds of gun trafficking laws were broken by the ATF/Holder/Obama in their quest to take down these gun store owners as "examples" and probably part of Obama's self-proclaimed "under the radar" gun control. There will be crimes enough to take down pretty much everyone involved...then the news media will go on the offensive for Obama and Holder. It will be cast as "Republicans out to get Obama and Holder". They will trot Jesse Jackson, Tavis Smiley and every other race pimp out to talk about how this is nothing but a racist Republican manufactured story to try to bring down the most important black people ever in the history of America. The Republicans will get a black eye in the public and Obama will have stirred his base and all the criminal ATF, FBI and Dept of Justice employees will get promotions and reassigned to cushy jobs for their loyalty to the cause.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker/40#post_3426306
I told you this thing would go all the way to the Messiah. But let's be realistic. The Republicans will huff and puff and there will be all kinds of proof that Holder, Obama and the ATF were forcing gun store owners to sell these guns to cartel buyers while trying to set up the gun store owners. There will be proof that all kinds of gun trafficking laws were broken by the ATF/Holder/Obama in their quest to take down these gun store owners as "examples" and probably part of Obama's self-proclaimed "under the radar" gun control. There will be crimes enough to take down pretty much everyone involved...then the news media will go on the offensive for Obama and Holder. It will be cast as "Republicans out to get Obama and Holder". They will trot Jesse Jackson, Tavis Smiley and every other race pimp out to talk about how this is nothing but a racist Republican manufactured story to try to bring down the most important black people ever in the history of America. The Republicans will get a black eye in the public and Obama will have stirred his base and all the criminal ATF, FBI and Dept of Justice employees will get promotions and reassigned to cushy jobs for their loyalty to the cause.
I have to believe that, the truth will prevail...

mantisman51

Just North of you by a couple hundred miles 90 some innocent men, women and children were burned to death. Let me add, before libs start up, a Texas grand jury found there was no evidence to support the charges of molestation and NOT ONE illegal firearm was found. The supervisory agent in charge became an assistant director of the FBI and even though the Texas grand jury recommended charges of reckless homicide against the FBI and ATF leaders of the raid and standoff, they all were promoted and walked away scott free. Now we have a dead BP agent and that ain't even worth scraping off Holder's shoes. I wish there would be justice, but Democrat administrations have proven that no one will talk or take any action. They will get away with breaking U.S. law and the murder of a man who was here on the border trying to keep me and my neighbors safe.

darthtang aw

I've been in some pretty seedy neighborhoods in my time.  But I've never contemplated carrying a firearm with me if I had to go into them.  I just learn to get a better understanding of my surroundings, and know when's the best time to go to an "unfriendly" area if I absolutely have to go there.  You don't go roaming around on our East Side, South Side, or parts of downtown after dark.  It's just plain common sense.  In the majority of situations were your confronted with the possibility of using a firearm, you rarely have the time to react and draw your weapon before an assailant  does the same  In most cases, the assailant has the element of surprise.  They're not just going to walk towards you with a gun in the air saying "Hello!  I'm about to point this gun at your head and ask you for all you're valubles!"  They'll get as close as possible, then draw the gun, knife, or whatever wepon they have on them at the time.  If you don't have the time to react and draw your weapon, it's possible the assailant will get it from you during a scuffle.  Then what?  Most likely he'll just shoot you with your own gun just to prove a point.   In a tense situation like an attack or other confrontation with an assailant, I'd say 80% of those carrying a legal weapon don't have the cahones to actually go forward with using the weapon if they have the opportunity to do so.  It's one thing to say "Oh yeah, I'd pull my gun out a shoot the a-hole if that's what I'd have to do.", and actually have the mental fortitude to go through with it.

look...a complete circle.
darth (not surprised) Tang

reefraff

I really don't understand the irrational fear of honest citizens carrying guns. It's no secret the scumbags are carrying. It's a fact that police catch very few crimes in progress. It's been 19 years since I felt the need to pull my gun and I hope it's another 19 before I have to do it again. I'm glad I had it when I did.

mantisman51

I don't get the irrational fear of firearms in the hands of law abiding people either. It's like liberal minded people think the presence of a firearms automatically turns people into crazy, violent criminals. I went to Phoenix last Monday to pick up my son-in-law at the airport. I had my .357 on the center console. What looked like a gangster in a slammed Civic cut me off then slammed on his brakes and kept doing it for about a mile on the freeway. I was driving 55 in a 65 zone and in the far right hand lane so not to slow others-I have no idea why he went bezerk. I never once even thought about pulling my gun. I slowed further until he got bored and went on. Yet that very scenario is what liberals use to justify taking guns from us law abiding citizens. It's too easy for people to pull a gun and start a shootout. Are there people who would've started shooting? Sure, they're called criminals and I want a firearm to protect my family and myself from them-but not commit a crime like them. Matter of fact, when I am carrying a firearm, I am far more cautious than when I'm not.

oscardeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker/40#post_3426343
I don't get the irrational fear of firearms in the hands of law abiding people either. It's like liberal minded people think the presence of a firearms automatically turns people into crazy, violent criminals. I went to Phoenix last Monday to pick up my son-in-law at the airport. I had my .357 on the center console. What looked like a gangster in a slammed Civic cut me off then slammed on his brakes and kept doing it for about a mile on the freeway. I was driving 55 in a 65 zone and in the far right hand lane so not to slow others-I have no idea why he went bezerk. I never once even thought about pulling my gun. I slowed further until he got bored and went on. Yet that very scenario is what liberals use to justify taking guns from us law abiding citizens. It's too easy for people to pull a gun and start a shootout. Are there people who would've started shooting? Sure, they're called criminals and I want a firearm to protect my family and myself from them-but not commit a crime like them. Matter of fact, when I am carrying a firearm, I am far more cautious than when I'm not.
I too drive more carefully. I look and am even more aware of my surroundings when I carry. I was always taught if you point your gun at something it is to destroy or kill. Whether a paper target deer or person, whatever I aim at will get a hole in it. You need to think like that before you pull. Whether at the range or on the street the thought process should be the same

darthtang aw

I know liberals who pack. It isn't ALL of them who don't get it.
my fatherin-law would be one. he owns more guns than three redneck families put together.
darth (get em jeb) Tang

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker/40#post_3426341
I really don't understand the irrational fear of honest citizens carrying guns. It's no secret the scumbags are carrying. It's a fact that police catch very few crimes in progress. It's been 19 years since I felt the need to pull my gun and I hope it's another 19 before I have to do it again. I'm glad I had it when I did.
The fear is when someone toting a gun around with them pulls a stunt like what happened in this Acdemy and grocery store parking lot. Mantis praises himself for being complacent about not going "road rage" and pulling up to this stereotypical "gangsta" and "popping a couple off" because he was intimidating him on the freeway. However, I read in my local paper where this type of confrontation happens, and one of the two drivers does pull out a gun. I don't care if the occurrances are rare or not. All it takes in ONE incident, and one or more innocent people can be harmed or killed because of it. But I guess you'd just brush that off as "collateral damage".