Favorite Bible Verse?

socal57che

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
haha. Yeah it is but someone else wanted to know what everyone's favorite Christian band was.
Barlow Girl at the present. My son likes POD.
ps...sorry for the disruption a couple days ago.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by socal57che
Barlow Girl at the present. My son likes POD.
ps...sorry for the disruption a couple days ago.
I've never heard of Barlow Girl before.
That's ok!

jennythebugg

ok here is where i get reemed , i am a preachers daughter so i grew up in the church --my belief not my dads not tobins not my kids but my belief is that yes god created the heavens and the earth - no man did not evolve from apes but man has evolved over time to become what we are today- i believe that man and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time- this is before man was intelligent ( cave writings and fire and such) because it is indisputable that there were dinosaurs and , well people have been here for an awful long time too ..oh yeah the barlow girls rock me and my girls love 'em

rylan1

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
ok here is where i get reemed , i am a preachers daughter so i grew up in the church --my belief not my dads not tobins not my kids but my belief is that yes god created the heavens and the earth - no man did not evolve from apes but man has evolved over time to become what we are today- i believe that man and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time- this is before man was intelligent ( cave writings and fire and such) because it is indisputable that there were dinosaurs and , well people have been here for an awful long time too ..oh yeah the barlow girls rock me and my girls love 'em
I don't think your theory is out of line... I think man always has had the capacity to learn and was intelligent... Just that we had to basically start from scratch with no real knowledge of the gifts of this world and how to make use out of it...we just learned from experience and innovation from generation to generation... I wish I could learn more about dinosaurs and if man did walk with them, why did they die, what was God's purpose for them...etc, etc...this is an issue that I wish was addressed more often because it is an interesting debate and topic that people want answers to.
I am not that familar with a lot of christian bands... I prefer gospel

mr. guitar

Woh...They're really good! Thanks for the links!!!
Check out Pastor Tommy Bates at...
http://www.tommybates.com/music.html
Listen to the some of the song samples.
One of my favorites is called "Churchin'" on God Save the Family and "Have You Got it Like The Bible Says" off Have You Got it Like the Bible Says.
You might like it...then again maybe not because it's stuff you dance to at church.

sturner

Just wanted to chime in on my favorite band... Casting Crowns by all means! Seems like they really knew where the heart needed touching

socal57che

I've heard that Casting Crowns is really good, but I have yet to hear them. Wed. is my day to stop by the local Christian store, since they're right next to my daughter's karate dojo, so I'll check them out in the music section. (Sensei Crothers is a Jesus Freak.) You can listen to any CD they stock.

Have any of you heard of hillsong united? They're an Australian worship team. They have their own church but do alot of travelling too. They just spent the last month or two in NA. Here's their site.

mr. guitar

Hillsong is really good...along with Michael W. Smith. Has anyone been to Pastor Tommy Bates website yet to listen to the music? Just wonderin if anyone's listened to the stuff on there or not.

reefreak29

Hillsong is really good...along with Michael W. Smith. Has anyone been to Pastor Tommy Bates website yet to listen to the music? Just wonderin if anyone's listened to the stuff on there or not.
i did i thuoght it was very nice

socal57che

I visited, too. Not necessarily my style, but would listen to it. Seemed like good background music for a cookout.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by socal57che
I visited, too. Not necessarily my style, but would listen to it. Seemed like good background music for a cookout.
Cool! Good music to dance to at home and church. haha.
Whenever I want my parents out of the room I'm in all I have to do is turn that kinda music up really loud. hahaha. Works everytime because they can't stand it!!!

mr. guitar

Comon guys I know more of you have a favorite Bible verse. If you wanna pray for someone in here go right ahead. If you want to bring up a topic in the Bible feel free to do so.

seasalt101

Comon guys I know more of you have a favorite Bible verse. If you wanna pray for someone in here go right ahead. If you want to bring up a topic in the Bible feel free to do so.
i would like more prayers about ridding the cancer...tobin

mr. guitar

You got it!
*lays hands on Tobin*
Father, I pray that you get the Devil out of Tobin. Get rid of his cancer. Heal his body. Relieve him of his pain and stuggles with the Devils work. I know that You have the healing powers...Release them on Tobin. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be praying for you every night brother!

seasalt101

You got it!
*lays hands on Tobin*
Father, I pray that you get the Devil out of Tobin. Get rid of his cancer. Heal his body. Relieve him of his pain and stuggles with the Devils work. I know that You have the healing powers...Release them on Tobin. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be praying for you every night brother!
thank you...tobin