Favorite fish...to eat

tne1cancme

Being an Okie I would have to say Sand Bass breaded in Uncle Bucks and deep fried.
Best fish I've every had out was @ Stax Peppermill, Panko encrusted Rainbow Trout, Man I wish I had some right now!

sepulatian

Wow, am I the ony one who can't do it? I had some king crab legs in my freezer from my ex. My son (12) wanted them. I thought nothing of it until I had to cut the meat out of them for him. I said, " Do you know how wrong this makes me feel", I kid you not!!! All I pictured was this beautiful large crab alive. LOL I felt so bad for the crab that was dead for awhile, but still!

skipperdz

yellow fine tuna steak, no wait talapia seasoned with emerals fish rub....no wait mediterrianian seasoned salmon, no wait blackened catfish, no wait blackened sword fish, no wait pompano!...NOOOO sheep head...oh lets not forget cajun bonnet head (even though its a shark)

now im hungry...

autofreak44

Alaskan Halibut
mix soy sauce and brown sugar thick (ghetto teriyaki), drizzle on, sprinkle a little brown sugar on, and cook at 300 until just right... if you want, kick the heat up at the end to crisp the ghetto teriyaki... unbeatable, period.

fishycpa

I didn't see anyone mention lake perch. I have family that lives in rural wisconsin near a lake and every friday night they have a fresh lake perch fish fry...very good fish.

earlybird

Originally Posted by sepulatian
hm, Must just be me. I can't

Nah. I don't eat sharks or swordfish and nothing pleases me more than releasing them. I've gone as far as spending more money on circle hooks that is far less likely to gut hook them increasing release rates. The ocean's my biggest fish tank.

zman1

Originally Posted by Cannonman
Walleyes from the da great north woods eh! Sorry, did it have to be saltwater?
It's da great Nort.. You betcha, don't cha know

sepulatian

Originally Posted by earlybird
Nah. I don't eat sharks or swordfish and nothing pleases me more than releasing them. I've gone as far as spending more money on circle hooks that is far less likely to gut hook them increasing release rates. The ocean's my biggest fish tank.

Nice

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by fishyCPA
I didn't see anyone mention lake perch. I have family that lives in rural wisconsin near a lake and every friday night they have a fresh lake perch fish fry...very good fish.
All fresh water fish INCLUDING trout are just to loaded with bones for me to sift through.. especially blue gills and perch..

darknes

Originally Posted by reefreak29
cuttle fish,octopus,muscles,lobster,clams,shrimp.
I've never heard of anyone eating cuttle fish; what does it taste like?
And by muscles, do you mean mussels?

darknes

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
All fresh water fish INCLUDING trout are just to loaded with bones for me to sift through.. especially blue gills and perch..

If you cook it or clean it right, you shouldn't have to mess with any bones.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Darknes
I've never heard of anyone eating cuttle fish; what does it taste like?
And by muscles, do you mean mussels?

the texture is like raw squide (sp) you eat it raw