filter for shark tank

tdragon

I WAS WONDERING if ne 1 with a shark tank could give some advise on a filter for my tank itll b 8feet long 2 feet wide and 3 feet tall its a total of 360gals also ne pics of your filtration would help thanks

djessem

Is the tanl drilled and plumbed for overflows or not. Also r u wanting tyo try wetdry type systems or what > Aslo do you have room under the tank and if so how much

tdragon

yes the tank is drilled in the bottom it will b plumbed and yes id like t try wet dry there the best arnt they? under the tank there will b 2 feet in high and 2 feet wide and 8 feet long

ac

Here's my setup. It's the larges CPR wet/dry filter, Euro-reef 8-3 skimmer, and uv sterilizer on a 320 gallon tank.

ac

tdragon,
It's CPR's version of bio balls. They call it biobale. It's just long strips of plastic that the bacteria grows on.

cincyreefer

Bang- I think ozone is very important but the problem is the size of the tank. It is not really practical on a smaller setup, and can be very costly.

D

daniel411

Doesn't injecting ozone adversly affect your ph or some aspect of your water chemistry?

cincyreefer

Daniel411- No ozone doesn't really affect anything adversely...
It oxidizes anything it comes into contact with, which is a very good method of nitrification.
OCEANCLEAR- How big is the smooth hound and the ray?

oceanclear

The shark is about 16inches long and eating very well.
They say this is a rare one because of the light bars instead of dark bars and i paid $90 bucks as a baby.
Make me a offer....give me your email and i will send a picture

jim27

Originally posted by OCEANCLEAR
The shark is about 16inches long and eating very well.
They say this is a rare one because of the light bars instead of dark bars and i paid $90 bucks as a baby.
Make me a offer....give me your email and i will send a picture

All brownbanded bamboo shark start with dark bars then as they get older get light bars, its normal.