Finish this sentence: "I knew I was addicted when..."

reef fool

When I looked in my wallet and in my refrigerator and they were both empty and then continued to look at my full tank for anther 12 hours or so (who's counting?).

sterling

I knew I was addicted when my friends finally figured out that "Rudy" and "Beau" and "Dotty" were my fish I was talking about and not relatives.

ekclark

...when my friends came into my room and called me Troy McClure.
...when $100 in a week for tank stuff is an economical week.

azrile

This isn't a joke, and it kinda took me back abit when it happened.
The local LFS has now memorized the contents of my tank. I went in a couple days ago and was looking at a yellow goby, and she said "he might have problems with your lawnmower blenny".
Apparently I spend too much time in there talking about my fish. :)

mmslue79

Well you guys are hillarious (just like my spelling). This might be the best thread I have seen on here. Well anyways, I want to add to my earlier post.
........when all I can think of at night while in bed is my 120 and how it will be setup. (that will not be until may at the earliest).
........when I dream that I am

[hr]
(related to that school dream everyone has) and getting chased by my soon to be Porky Puffer, "watch out boy those darn spines hurt!"

musipilot

...when I saw the beautiful mums my wife planted on the porch in those white planter things...and I said, "Wow, great mushrooms!"

jonthefb

i knew i was addicted when i put my scuba mask and snorkel on and dunked my head in my 135 to "really get to know my fish"
jon

fshhub

Q, this is what is known in the Freudian world as deinal.
reef fool, no, there is no cure, only treatments to help keep it from becoming fatal, and that is frequent trips to the lfs, more tanks, and less time in front of the tv.
I knew I was addicted when......
I moved the computer into the same room as the tanks, and found myself spending all my time doing tank research and visiting these boards.

nacl-h2o

I knew I was addicted when "My Tanks" got there own line in my budget, the top line. :D
I knew I was addicted when I started getting up in the middle of the night to check out noises or problems(with the tanks) and spend 30-45 min. looking around the tanks with a flash light in the dark, and even worse don't find it inconvenient. ;)

randolph

when i bought my 2nd 55gal off of ----, paid for it
and told the guy to keep it for 2 weeks till i could move it.
bought it and had been out of work for 2 weeks, and put it in my bedroom on the 2nd floor. what a hobby

flyinbrian

ekclark :
Same here, my frinds call me Troy McClure too. Thats hilariuos.
I also knew I was addicted when..I would dream about my tank..and always have a new wallpaper up on my desktop regarding the addiction. Right now it is The GREAT BARRIER REEF.

jonthefb

ha diy thats classic. i havnet been to the bar in ages to ssave money for the tank!
yeah i really did dunk my head in the tank w/the scuba stuff on. it looked really cool!
:D ;) :D
good luck
jon

mmslue79

DIYreefer:
You know it is bad when you have to resort to cheaper alcohol. LOL
Stupid question of the day: Who is Troy MCclure?
:confused: