Finish this sentence: "I knew I was addicted when..."

jckkc

happened twice
first, when i was in college and kept moving my classes later in the day each semester because i kept failing my first class of the morning. i kept saying just one more second then i will leave. never worked just kept failing the classes.
second, when i picked the hobby back up and kept finding tanks for free and taking them. 2 in the house, one dry in the garage, one in the in-laws office and an old reptile glass aquarium someone just left on my doorstep one day. i have since gotten ride of the two two that were not in use.
:p

I knew I was addicted when I started asking everyone, including the administrators at my college :eek: , if they had a big tank they wanted to sell me for cheap, or even better, free. Now, does anyone HERE have a tank they want to get rid of? I will GLADLY take it! :D

tcoco

looking for a part time job to support my habit even though I just got started. There needs to be a surgon generals warning on the side of all tanks.

jim672

I knew I was addicted when I heard my kids telling their friends: "Don't ask my Dad about his tank unless you want to stand there for an hour listening to him tell you ALL about it!"
Rory and Itchy---whew! I feel like I just came out of one of those X-rated chat rooms. I think I need a shower!! ;) (Could either of you talk my wife into letting me put a tank in our bedroom......please?)
Jim

hollywood85

I knew I was addicted when as I soon as I got my first credit card, I went to LFS and maxed it out... Ouch! I'm still paying it off...

nacl-h2o

How about when you go to the LFS to sell them corals or macro algaes.
And even worse yoy can't leave with out spending some of it or all of it. :D
I just got back from the LFS, they gave me $40.00 (for a coral I grew and about 5lbs of caulerpa) and I spent $27.00 before I got out of the door.
At least I left with some of it this time.

wrassecal

...when I found myself conducting a business conference call from the corner of the lfs on Wed afternoon cause that's delivery day!
An we have our second tank in the bedroom too!:D mood lighting
Itchy and ntvflgirl - maybe you could get your guys to try out that saltcreep on the biceps thing that Broomer has, might help lure you away from the tanks.;)

ntvflgirl

I think Broomer could lure me away himself...have you seen his picture? He is not only helpful, but very sweet to look at as well.;) :p

ntvflgirl

Just what are you implying, Moray?:p :) Love my sw tanks, but love my hubby more. Becoming addicted to sw, been addicted to hubby for a while. :D

ladyhawk

These are GREAT!! I can relate to WAY to many of them. Cheaper Vodka, debt, LFS(s) knowing my tank and all my family members I bring in. The bedroom....well with the ex, the tank was 2 feet from the bed, parallell. So you could have the best of both worlds. Now, it is in another room and I am seriously thinking of moving it BACK!! Currently have a 29 & 40 gallon and thinking a 200 gallon would look good where the TV is.

ryebread

Aww come on ntvflgirl............we all know who you really are after. It's okay........you can play hard to get with the whole "Broomer is a hottie" card that they all play at first. That hand will soon end and you will flock to my gorgeousness.
Let the flocking begin..............:D

krishj39

When every time someone says something to me, I have to interupt them to tell them about my fish, because something they said reminds me of my fish.
I don't think I can have a conversation any more without thinking, "hey, this reminds me of [fill in the blank] with my fish tanks."
Thanks native florida girl for starting this thread, it's been way too close to home!
Kris

slothy

Originally posted by RyeBread
Aww come on ntvflgirl............we all know who you really are after. It's okay........you can play hard to get with the whole "Broomer is a hottie" card that they all play at first. That hand will soon end and you will flock to my gorgeousness.
Let the flocking begin..............:D

man that pic is not neccesary bro.. bad enought i had to look at the little one. Now i have the large one.. grrr another night of nightmares

mmslue79

I have to ditto Slothy. It is late and I was thinking about going to bed, but I better stay up awhile and calm down after seeing the lifesize Ryan head (if you want to call it that, JK) on my Comp screen! Errrrrrrrr!
:p