(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

bpaul1201

ever thought about going into the custom tank business? since car stereos can be only so much fun and your a genius when it comes to the plumbing and open thinking aspect( trouble shooting,improvement of old ideas)!
looking at this thread reminds me of my something my late grandpa use to say " Listen here young man if you want to grow up and be an intellegent man you must surround yourself with smart people, if you hang out with dumb people well your bound to follow their steps!" not appling that people on swf are dumb just that you have brought a new way of thinking through an idea and improving apon it, and a few things that no one did think about before! bottom line.....thanks for the breath of fresh air!

cnlight

It has been awhile since I was last in these forums, and what a treat to find this thread. This tank is truely inspirational! Keep up the good work and the progress is amazing to see, and keep up the pictures!!

animalman

Well, I haven't been on the forums for too long so I just found this thread today. This tank is looking amazing and I am happy for you. I hope everything continues to go well for you and I can't wait to see it fully stocked and finished. I also just wanted to say, the way you set up the rocks looks really natural and really good.

cbui2

thank you all for your kind comments,
NitrOuSgoby- just finished the rest of plumbing for chiller
bpaul1201- if i ever do go into custom building aquariums then it will not be a hobby anymore since i will be trying to profit from it, thsi have been fun for me and i didnt want to spoiled it. thanks
cnlight & Animalman- welcome back and thanks
QT tank have been operational now for about 4 days now and waiting for a shipment of fish to arrive. medicine and tons of assorted foods have also been purchased to getting them ready since i love all my fish to be really fat.
all arrival will QT aleast 4-5 weeks before making back to main display.

bpaul1201

well just remember not to overfeed your fish! but try to keep them in the best of health! what have you got for a cleaning crew? if your going to add fish i'd recommend some cleaner shrimp( skunk, and fire/blood shrimp) they like to give the fish a good scrubing! i know from watching in my tank my 2 new clowns were showing signs of ich
and then my fire shrimp chased them down til they were shining like new,
not to mention the personility of the shrimp! goodluck!

cbui2

ok here are some more updates, finally after so many days finished the chiller and rest of the plumbing.
sheetrock was cutout then bulks were installed. ball and gates valves were used throughtout the plumbing for fine tuning.
intake and outlet for chiller with bulks

here's the Fish Room along with 100gal of plumbing :lol:

refugium is the last set of plumbing needed to be done after that i'm a happy camper

oceanlover

I think you should start doing guided tours of your equipment and tank on the weekends. Judging by the number of people watching your tank, even if you charged just $5.00 a person, you'd recoup your investment!

curlsoc

Awestruck, to say the least. I just found this today and am amazed. Please do post a picture of the front view when you get a chance, would love to see how your LR is doing under those lights. And I thought I had a learning curve taking over a 110 gal tall tank and having to bring it up to speed for Trop SW, (it was cold water). WOW!

kilhullen

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
If you have a problem with someone doing it right the first time then please keep it to yourself.
Bang
I am with you. I had a dream the other night that the house my husband and I are building we put a reef tank in instead of an atrium. It had everything, and even had tidal flows. What is wrong with someone dreaming big and actually having the guts to say ta' heck with it and going for the gusto. I envy him only because he has the opportunity and the know how to do such a wonderful job. I am very impressed and this is a wonderful setup.

bgrae001

I hope you don't have any naughty kids in your neighborhood. If I saw valves like that on something that looked like an air conditioner when I was a kid, I wouldn't have been able to control myself and I would just have to mess with them.... Good luck with that.
BTW the tank looks awesome. I hope to have a similar set up when I return to the States.

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by bgrae001
I hope you don't have any naughty kids in your neighborhood. If I saw valves like that on something that looked like an air conditioner when I was a kid, I wouldn't have been able to control myself and I would just have to mess with them.... Good luck with that.
BTW the tank looks awesome. I hope to have a similar set up when I return to the States.
i agree with that after all you have put into this you wouldnt want someones brat wrecking it all in one afternoon-i would look around home depot and check out if they have any kind of locking covers to put over those- oh wait maybe someone makes some kind of childproofing thing for valves like that??

goodwin9

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
i agree with that after all you have put into this you wouldnt want someones brat wrecking it all in one afternoon-i would look around home depot and check out if they have any kind of locking covers to put over those- oh wait maybe someone makes some kind of childproofing thing for valves like that??
You might want to consider relocating the valves to the inside portion of your garage to prevent temptation...