(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

cantbstopd

dude if you need to get rid of any extra cash i can send you my address.......
looks like my dream tank ......
congrats.....

isistius

long time lurker, first time poster on this thread...........
WOW that's all i can legally say on here with all of the minors lurking...............

cbui2

thank you all, just wired up the other 2 MH left and right just to see how it would look. here are some pics with all 3 MH on. since my temp is rising i will have to finish chiller this week.

rcdude1990

wow very nice tank
i really like the sand, its so white and clean lol
and also i like how straght the sand is against the glass, very nice tank

hefner413

The straight line is the wood trim around the display - does look awesome though.
Cool how you can actually see the light rays from the 3 mh's. If I remember right, you have more than the mh's, correct? I thought you also had pc or something.

msez2u

wow on the rock work. PLEASE keep those wonderful pictures comming. We look on here every night to see if there is anything new on this tank....GREAT JOB

cjason3041

Originally Posted by Hefner413
The straight line is the wood trim around the display - does look awesome though.
Cool how you can actually see the light rays from the 3 mh's. If I remember right, you have more than the mh's, correct? I thought you also had pc or something.

good call i was originally thinking wow that is the straightest sand line ever....and deep...real deep.

wangotango

awsome shots!!! this is really making me look forward to my "midlife crisis reef" (which i already have planned out). keep us updated.
-Justin

emm0909

You have some awesome LR in there. You're going all out for a first reef tank. If you're dedicated enough to design that setup I'm guessing you'll be a dedicated reef keeper.
I bought a 265, sold it because it was too big. WAY TOO BIG. I have a 75 now and still with I was running a smaller tank.

cbui2

Originally Posted by Hefner413

thanks, the wood trim will be replaced with custom granite pc and tank sits 5" below the ledge to create that effects so when cleaning has to be done the magnavore will not be near the sand. all the light array is noticeable which i like. there'e total 6 MH 3 front and 3 rear, as of now 3 rear is on. chiller & QT will be done this week.

hefner413

Originally Posted by cbui2
thanks, the wood trim will be replaced with custom granite pc and tank sits 5" below the ledge to create that effects so when cleaning has to be done the magnavore will not be near the sand. all the light array is noticeable which i like. there'e total 6 MH 3 front and 3 rear, as of now 3 rear is on. chiller & QT will be done this week.
The granite will be a nice touch for certain.
Man - those 6 MH's will look awesome!
Can't wait!

azaintcold

Whats the big deal? Only 600 gallon display?
Yeah right , that tank looks amazing. I'm thoroughly impressed with your plumbing especially. I'll be following along with your thread to see updates.

C

cadillac swang

yea whats the use, after seeing this, im going back to fresh water. as a matter of fact when my friends come over and i show them what saltwater tank i mine to look like on here, ill make sure to skip this thread so they dont ask why i didnt do mine like yours.
now if you excuse me im gonna cry myself to sleep